In the fast-paced world, there has also been great innovation in how we deal with food. Rather than just living on the bare minimum, we see that we are now focusing more on new and improved ideas to tantalize our tongue and taste buds. And it is not just limited to savory items. We observe that there is generally a lot more space for creativity in desserts and several ways to make the same dish with an additional ingredient to make it a completely new experience to enjoy. Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe originates from the cuisine of the Southern United States.
Before we move into the details of handling this pie, let’s have a quick look at its recipe.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- ¾ cups Graham crackers.
- ¼ cups Granulated sugar (for dressing).
- ¾ cups Granulated sugar (for mixture).
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar.
- 4 tbsp Melted butter.
- 1 ½ cups Heavy cream.
- 8 oz Cream cheese (softened).
- 1 cup Peanut butter (creamy).
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence.
- 1 cup Chocolate chips (mini).
- For the base, mix the cracker crumbs, sugar, and brown sugar and butter until it is completely combined. Then, press it into a pan or plate used to serve the pie, making sure to keep the thickness about 1-2 inches upwards.
- Using the heavy cream, whip it until you feel it peaking, then put it in the fridge to cool down while preparing the other part of the filling.
- In a bowl, keep beating the cream cheese until you feel it smoothen. To this cream cheese, add in sugar and keep mixing it up to a point when you feel it has been blended properly. Next, add vanilla essence and peanut butter to the same mixture and ensure that all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Take the whipped cream out of the fridge, mix it into the bow, blend it further, and add in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour this mixture into the cracker crust you have prepared and store it in the freezer until you feel firm and ready to serve.
While the calorie count may vary based on the ingredients and alternatives you use, the calorie intake can amount to approximately 535 kcal for a regular-sized chocolate chip peanut butter pie.
The best low-carb peanut butter?
- 365 organic creamy peanut butter
- Justin’s classic peanut butter
- Teddie all nature peanut butter
- Crazy Richard’s creamy peanut butter
- Spread the love NAKED organic peanut butter
Generally speaking, pies are best served when they are fresh and newly made. However, because it is a no-bake pie, you can put it in your refrigerator for up to a week or so. Some people tend to freeze it and reuse it, but I feel it is not a risk worth taking. You can either freeze the shell of graham crackers and reuse that later on, but I feel it is better to make the pie fresh from scratch rather than store it for too long.
While baking is not a draconian feat on its own, it is important to understand that it may not be as easy for some people as it is for many others. Therefore, it is always best for this specific pie to go for a no-bake method to ensure that you do not make too many mistakes. The first thing that you need to remember is that it helps if you have a pan that has a removable bottom as it keeps it firm and together, and you want to take it out, you can serve it in the same dish. Similarly, it is significant that it be put into the refrigerator for the time mentioned in the recipe, at least. Most people, in their impatience, tend to serve it before it is properly cooled, and it then tends to fall apart, so be wary of that.
Chocolate chip peanut butter pie is a delicacy that is not too difficult to make but worth the wait. People tend to believe that it takes a long time before it is ready, but the fact of the matter is, it is one of the easiest desserts to make if you are someone who has a sweet tooth.
Recommended Pies and Cakes for You
- Almond Sweet Cream Pie Recipe
- Silken Tofu and Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Pumpkin Pie with Silken Tofu Recipe
- Giant Peanut Butter Cookie Cake Recipe
- Almond Tea Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake (Gluten-free)
- Low Fat Lemon and Silken Tofu Cheesecake
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.