Chocolate peanut butter gelato is a mixture of thick brown chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and a gelato base.
Moreover, this peanut butter gelato is a super-delicious meal and is packed with a lot of nutrients.
Got picky friends? They won’t be able to say no to this one! Wanna try?
Let’s make this recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Gelato
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1 cup of egg substitute
- 2/3 cup of white sugar or five cubes of sugar
- 2 cups of plain milk
- 1 cup of half and a half (half milk, half cream)
- Set a small pot over medium heat. Pour in your cocoa powder, milk, half and half. Cook at 130°F until the ingredients face intense heat. Stir at intervals to make the cocoa powder dissolve well and soak into the milk and cream.
- Get a medium-sized bowl ready. Pour into the egg substitute and sugar, then mix. Ensure the sugar dissolves completely.
- Pour a portion of the hot milk mixture into the egg-sugar mixture. Add the mixture to the rest of the milk mixture on the stove. Stir vigorously and reduce to medium heat.
- Leave the mixture at about 185°F until it thickens enough to get stuck to your stirrer (spoon).LeavLeave
- Turn off the heat completely. Add in your creamy peanut butter, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Stir well until the ingredients melt and soak totally into each other to form a single base. Cover the base and refrigerate for about 8 hours.
- Get your ice cream maker ready, pour in the base, and freeze for about 20 minutes until the cream becomes soft-textured.
- Transfer cream into an air-tight container. Freeze for about 3 hours. At this point, the cream would have emerged smooth like a gel and brown.
- Your chocolate peanut butter gelato is ready.
What side dishes can I combine with chocolate peanut butter gelato?
There are several side dishes options in the world. However, not all of it can go with this recipe
Here are four lucky side dishes you can try.
1. Choco Chunks
Choco chunks are made from similar chocolates used to prepare chocolate chips. However, they’re relatively high in cocoa butter content, enabling them to melt evenly while in the oven.
Also, you only need to pair a plate of Choco chunks with your chocolate peanut butter gelato. You’ll get a sweet taste from choco chunks and a sweet-creamy flavor from the gelato.
2. Avocado ice cream
The first side dish you should think of when feasting on your peanut butter gelato is ice cream. Moreover, the taste of Ice cream varies based on its flavor; that’s why you should always go for avocado ice cream!
Serve your chocolate peanut butter gelato with cold avocado ice cream, and thank me later.
3. Honeydew melon
Amongst the melon family, honeydew is the classiest. Also, it goes the most with desserts. Firstly, peel your honeydew melon fruit. Secondly, slice it into similar shapes. Finally, serve with your chocolate peanut butter.
4. Shrimp toast
Shrimp toast or prawn toast is a Hongkongese-Cantonese dim sum dish. Also, it is made from small triangles of bread. Moreover, it is coated with a paste made from minced shrimp and cooked by baking or deep frying.
Shrimp toast is savory, making it a perfect blend for your chocolate gelato.
Health benefits of chocolate peanut butter gelato
Excellent source of protein
Chocolate peanut butter is a healthy source of protein. Also, protein goes a long way in building up and repairing your body tissues.
The prime source of energy
The chocolate flavor has high sugar content. Moreover, when broken down, sugar supplies energy. Thus, the higher the chocolate you take in, the higher your energy.
Chocolate gelato is a significant source of dark chocolate.
Dark chocolate is rich in minerals, such as iron, magnesium, and zinc. The cocoa in dark chocolate also contains antioxidants called flavonoids.
Moreover, flavonoids help to prevent excess ultraviolet rays from harming your skin.
Nutritional value of chocolate peanut butter gelato
The creamy gelato is a combo of two nutritious condiments; chocolate and peanut butter. Below are some nutritional value per serving:
- Total fat: 19 g
- Saturated fat: 9 g
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 40g
- Sugars: 37 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Calcium: 100.32 mg
- Vitamin D: mcg
- Iron: 1.08 mg
- Potassium: 210 mg
Fun facts about chocolate peanut butter gelato
Here are five fun facts!
• Chocolate gelato is the first produced and manufactured candy bar.
• Reese made the first peanut butter cup using Hershey’s chocolate. He wrapped a smooth peanut butter cream in Hershey’s chocolate.
• Reese’s chocolate was the best-selling item in 1928.
• Lastly, Reese’s chocolate gelato was a member of the first generation of chocolates.
These chocolate recipes will blow your mind. Watch out!
- This chocolate almond bark fudge is flavorful and boasts a blend of natural sweetness.
- Big-time chocolate fan? Then, this chocolate peanut butter shakeology is your dream come true.
- From being crunchy to being soft and fluffy, this chocolate almond braid recipe is going to drive you crazy.
- Also try more exciting chocolate recipes like; chocolate peanut butter spread, chocolate swirl cheesecake and chocolate peanut butter whoopie pie
- Lastly, spoil yourself silly with this chocolate peanut butter milkshake.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.