This chocolate peanut butter swirl cheesecake recipe gets its gorgeous hue from semi-sweet chocolates. Also, a dollop of chocolate wafer cookie cracker crumbs gives this recipe a crunchy hint that you will love.
There is more: This recipe contains a swirl of peanut butter. Let’s just say this is the magic behind this recipe. No kidding!
This is a dessert you should dig into every weekend.
Let’s make this recipe!
Chocolate peanut butter swirl cheesecake
- 1 chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Sugar (Melted)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 32 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, coat a 10 × 3 springform pan with cooking spray. (Cover the pan with foil)
- Add cookie crumbs and butter to a pan. Mix until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and ½ inch up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow chocolate to cool.
For the filling
- Set electric mixer at medium speed. In a large bowl, beat cheese cream with electricity. Continue until it becomes fluffy and light.
- Next, add sugar. Beat in 1 ¼ cups sugar. Set mixer to medium speed and beat in milk and eggs.
- Remove 1 cup of the batter to a small bowl. Stir in peanut butter until it is well blended.
- Spoon the remaining peanut butter over the crust in the pan. Top evenly with peanut butter.
- Add reserved chocolate batter and reserved peanut butter batter on top of the peanut butter cups to cover; swirl batters together with a skewer or a knife.
- In a large baking pan, place the cheesecake on the oven rack. Pour hot water (carefully) into a larger pan. (Up to 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.)
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake barely jiggles in the center.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath; remove the foul. Use a thin knife to carefully cut around the top edge of the cake. Remove
- Allow cooling completely on the wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Let it stay for 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with desired topping
What to serve with chocolate peanut butter swirl cheesecake
Cheesecake is that thick and velvety dessert that no one can say no to. Cheesecake has a fantastic taste but they are more exciting with toppings!
These toppings will make your chocolate peanut butter swirl cheesecake phenomenal.
Fruits have a sweet and tangy taste while cheesecakes have a sweet and salty taste. Looks like a combination you shouldn’t say no to.
Some of the fruits you could use are strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. For an icy texture, sprinkle the fruits with powdered sugar.
Strawberries are easy to make. Also, it requires only 3 ingredients. Lemon, sugar, and fresh strawberries.
Want an exotic strawberry compote? Then soak your berries in a sugar and pinot mixture. If you are wondering why you need to do this, don’t forget that wine has a unique way of elevating things!
Cherry pie filling
It’s easy to walk into any store and get your cherry pie filling. But, that seems boring. Perhaps, because I am a sucker for getting adventurous and trying new things. So, how about making your cherry pie filling?
Place a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar, lemon and cherries. Also, stir until the sugar dissolves.
In another container, add cornstarch and water until the cornstarch dissolves.
Also, add cornstarch to the cherries mixture and mix thoroughly.
Stir the compote until it comes to a boil. It should be thick and glossy at this point.
Candy bars and cookies
Adding candy bars and cookies will give your cheesecake a crunchy twist.
Moreover, all you have to do is place them in a Ziploc bag, seal them, and crush them with a rolling pin. Once you are done with that, scatter them all over the cake, and you are done.
Crushed heart bars
To make healthy bars, you need chocolate, toffee, and almonds. Also, the flavor enhances the taste of your cheesecake.
Everyone loves Oreos (I hope I am right ?). Moreover, you can choose to use Oreos as a topping or you can use it for the crust as seen in the picture.
Go Asian style with this one by topping your cheesecake with this Japanese powdered green tea.
Although matcha has a slightly bitter taste, it works wonders. This is because it makes you taste the sweetness of the cake even more.
These cake recipes will leave you longing for more:
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with this burnt almondcake.
- A few simple ingredients mixed into one fine biscuit topped with juicy ganache cream and almonds make this amazing almond delight cake.
- If you like chocolate, almonds and coconut, you will adore this almond joy cake.
- Super sweet, homemade, and easy to prepare almond meringue cookies.
- You won’t be able to resist this almond tea cake.
- This almond dacquoise cake is crunchy, delicious and gluten-free.
- This low fat lemon and silken tofu cheesecake is refreshing and healthy.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.