This chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream is rich in flavor. Also, the swirl of the peanut butter sauce running through it makes it simply exotic and desirable.
However, there is only one drawback: You need time! I am talking about hours. This is important because the ice cream mixture needs to stay overnight in the freezer. This makes it cold enough to churn. More so, it comes out perfect, just the way you want it, perhaps even better! (Well, if only you will be patient to allow it stay for some time in the freezer)
Good things don’t come easily and when they finally do, then they will be a masterpiece. Just like this recipe!
Let’s make this recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbls cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, (divided)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Peanut butter filling
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch.
- Next, warm the milk in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- After this, add the sugar mixture to the warm milk and whisk out any lump.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture starts to boil. (Make sure the mixture is thick)
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl.
- Next, add the heavy cream and ¾ cup of chocolate chips to the bowl.
- Stir the cream and chips into the chocolate mixture until everything melts and is a smooth consistency.
- Stir the cream and chips into the chocolate mixture. Continue to stir until everything melts and till you get a smooth texture.
- Put a plastic wrap directly over the chocolate mixture. Make sure that it touches the mix. Doing this prevents thick skin from forming on your ice cream base.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- While the chocolate is in the freezer, make your peanut butter swirl. This should be done on the same day you will churn your ice cream.
- In a bowl, whisk the peanut butter, ice cream, heavy cream, and salt.
- After this, cover the mixture with plastic wrap and set it aside at room temperature.
- By now your chocolate mixture should be completely cool. Bring it out of the freezer and churn it. Follow your ice-cream maker Instructions.
- Once your chocolate mixture is completely churned, add the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips into the mixture. Also, stir thoroughly so the chips can get mixed with the ice cream.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into a container.
- Next, add the peanut mixture. Do this by dropping spoonfuls on the chocolate ice cream. Swirl with a spatula or butter knife.
- Your goal here is to have thick swirls of the peanut mixture running through the ice cream.
- Finally, cover and freeze for hours.
- Serve with the desired topping.
What to serve with chocolate butter peanut swirl ice cream
Ice cream bread
Have you got ice cream and flour? Then you can make ice cream bread. Moreover, all you have to do is bake and you have just made something moist and fluffy for yourself.
Top with your ice cream and any other desired topping.
Cookie cups are small-shaped cups that are made out of cookie dough.
Also, there are different types of cookie cups, so feel free to use the one you want. These cookie cups include chocolate chip cookie dough, M & M gingerbread, and sugar cookie dough.
Cooked or baked fruit
Bake or cook fruits like apples, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, and pineapples for a fantastic treat. Also, doing this will make your fruit taste even better!
Serve by topping your ice cream with baked or cooked fruits.
Prefer something chewy and flavorful? Then serve your ice cream with dry fruits. Also, fruits like raisins work wonders.
What better way to have a good treat than topping your ice cream with bits of salty and savory bacon?
Also, bacon bits work well with chocolate, vanilla, and garlic. Moreover, the meaty and chewy taste takes your ice cream to a whole different level. It’s more than you may be expecting, trust me!
You cannot go wrong by topping your ice cream with popcorn. Whether you use butter, caramel, or chocolate popcorn, you are going to have a fantastic dessert!
Sprinkles come in different shapes and sizes. Also, sprinkles go well with almost any ice cream. Moreover, adding sprinkles is also a great way to add color to your ice cream.
Do I have to allow my chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream to stay overnight in the freezer?
Yes. Letting your ice cream sit in the refrigerator plays a great role in your homemade ice cream quality. Also, it allows the protein to suck up excess water and this makes the ice cream smoother.
Moreover, allowing your ice cream to stay in the freezer for hours allows the flavor to blend well.
Lastly, it eliminates the air in the ice cream base. This results in denser and richer ice cream.
How can I make my ice cream smoother?
Simply adding glucose syrup and xanthan gum will make your ice cream smoother!
Xanthan gum prevents large ice crystals from forming in homemade ice cream. This contributes to a smooth, creamy texture.
Also, the glucose syrup allows the water to form into crystals. This makes the ice cream soft and smooth.
Nutritional value of chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream
This recipe contains 750 calories. 52g of fat. 17g of protein and 72g of carbs.
Want more breath-taking desserts? Try the following!
- This chocolate almond bark fudge is flavorful and boasts a blend of natural sweetness.
- Big-time chocolate fan? Then, this chocolate peanut butter shakeology is your dream come true.
- From being crunchy to being soft and fluffy, this chocolate almond braid recipe is going to drive you crazy.
- Also try more exciting chocolate recipes like; chocolate peanut butter spread, chocolate swirl cheesecake and chocolate peanut butter whoopie pie
- Lastly, spoil yourself silly with this chocolate peanut butter milkshake.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.