Also known as” keta” or “silverbrite” salmon, Chum salmon is a nutritious salmon fish species. It has a unique and delicious taste. However, soaking it in a sauce is a sure-fire way to intensify its flavor. This Chum salmon recipe is a delicacy worth trying!
Dare a plate of chum salmon dish, dare a delicacy????!
Let’s make this recipe!
Chum Salmon Recipe
- 1 whole chum salmon (skinned and filleted)
- 1 cup shredded pamesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp finely ground chili pepper
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup unbleached wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- First, place your chum salmon on a flat surface and remove all bones present in it. Skin the fish completely to encourage easy consumption. Then cut into three fresh slices or more.
- For the coating, get a small bowl ready. Pour some corn flakes and unbleached wholemeal flour. Add your seasonings; parmesan cheese, dill weed, chili pepper, and finally, a pinch of salt to taste.
- Mix the ingredients in the small bowl together to form a thick coating.
- Get a frying pan ready and set to medium heat. Pour in your margarine, add your sliced green onions and melt for about three minutes.
- Rinse the chum salmon slices with about half a cup of water. Then carefully brush the mixed ingredients on the surface of the chum salmon slices.
- Place the coated chum salmon slices in the melted margarine. The fish will change to brown to show it's properly cooked. Turn the sides of the fish until it all turns brown. It won't take more than 10 minutes.
- Serve with desired topping.
What to serve with chum salmon recipe
Although chum salmon fish meal is a tasty dish, you can pair it with other spicy foods.
Below are four ideal foods you can serve with chum salmon fish:
Whether you’re eating your chum salmon fish as an appetizer or a main dish, sushi stacks are a good accompaniment. Moreover, to make your sushi starch, you need vinegar rice, carrots, scallions, spicy mayo, and cucumbers.
Tomato salsa is a sumptuous sauce prepared by chopping fresh tomatoes, onions, and lime juice together. You can also spice up the ingredients using cilantro, chili, and any of your favorite seasonings. Moreover, sauces usually blend well with fish meals making tomato salsa a perfect garnish option for your chum salmon.
Bound salad has a nice and addictive taste that blends well with the spicy taste of chum salmon.
Also, bound salads are made from non-leafy ingredients bound by thick, smooth dressings like sour cream and mayonnaise.
You can prepare your sesame chicken dish by dredging chicken with flour mixture and then spice it up. Moreover, sesame chicken has a spicy taste and a crispy nature. This makes it easy to chew along with your chum salmon meal.
Health benefits of chum salmon recipe
Fishes are of great importance to one’s health. However, the percentage to which a fish can have innumerable benefits on your health depends on the species it belongs to. Luckily, Chum salmon contains nutrients are beneficial to the body.
Here are four major beneficial effects of chum salmon on your health:
Improves bone health
Chum salmon contains essential substances that help reduce your body’s risk of unhealthy osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a bone disorder caused by bone fragility.
Regulate blood sugar level
Based on research, chum salmon contain substances that can keep the blood sugar level in control.
Nausea is an illness that usually triggers vomiting in humans. Moreover, it can also cause extreme discomfort. If you are a victim of this condition, it’s probably because you aren’t eating the right foods. Chum salmon plays a vital role in preventing and fighting nausea.
Rich source of protein
Chum salmon is relatively high in protein. Moreover, protein has many benefits for one’s health, including repairing damaged cells and forming new tissues.
Fun facts about chum salmon
- Out of the five Pacific salmon species, chum salmon is the least famous.
- Chum salmon are mostly found in river mouths.
- Chum salmon’s scientific name is known as “Oncorhynchus keta”.
- The lifespan of a chum salmon ranges from 3 to 5 years.
- Chum salmon is mostly found in Alaska and Japan.
- Chum salmon spawn only once and die.
Get creative with these salmon recipes:
- The spicy, flavorful taste of Costco salmon Milano spurred me to make it one of my favorites.
- Also, this Costco salmon burger is very easy to prepare.
- ““““““““““““““““““““I love good salmon recipes! Even more, I love an EASY salmon recipe like this baked copper river salmon.
- If you have been wondering how to make a creamed salmon recipe, you really won’t believe how easy it is. Just 7 ingredients and you have got a royal meal.
- This copper river sockeye salmon recipe is a delicious treat for a special family get-together, a table for two dinner, or a simple breakfast.
- Here is a simple copper chef salmon recipe to spice up your Saturday mornings.
- This Costco stuffed salmon recipe owes its super-rich taste to the luscious and classy condiments present in it.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.