Copycat cracker barrel kale and Brussels sprout salad is a delectable recipe that leaves me yearning for more each time I have it.
Also, It only takes finely chopped Brussel sprouts, kale, toasted pecans, and raisins to prepare this meal.
For the vinaigrette, I used maple syrup, sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar, and canola oil. Don’t forget to add the Dijon mustard; You will love the crunchy texture it graciously bestows on this recipe.
Let’s make this recipe!
Copycat Cracker Barrel Kale And Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
- 5 cups kale
- 5 cups Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of craisins
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (pure)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Rinse your kale and Brussels sprout vegetables thoroughly with water. Chop off the tops of both vegetables. Ensure the rinsed vegetables are dry before you endeavor to chop them.
- Start by chopping your vegetables. Place the kale on your chopping board and chop carefully into thin slices. Repeat the same process for the Brussel sprouts until the two vegetables are about the same amount.
- Pour the chopped kale and Brussel sprouts together in a small bowl.
- Set a dry skillet to high heat, add some chopped pecans, and toast for about two minutes.
- In the same bowl that contains your chopped kale and Brussel sprouts, add the toasted pecans and craisins. Then mix.
- After mixing the ingredients, your salad is half-ready. Sure, you need to move to the vinaigrette preparation.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, whisk together all the following ingredients; sugar, pure maple syrup, canola oil, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Finally, add some salt to taste.
- Now, toss the maple vinaigrette on your salad until the salad gets completely soaked in it.
- Serve with desired dish.
What can I serve with my copycat cracker barrel kale and Brussels sprout salad?
Walnuts are dark brown nuts gotten from the walnut tree. When properly cooked and shelled, it emerges with a cream color. Also, the nut has a rich taste, which makes it a superb blend for salads.
Bacon is a cured meat gotten from the flesh of pigs. Also, bacon is a perfect option to serve with your kale and Brussels sprout salad. Its spicy taste complements your salad’s savory taste.
Chardonnay is a wine prepared from grapes with green skins. This wine goes well with your copycat cracker barrel kale and Brussel sprouts mainly because of its rich taste.
The best way to get the perfect taste out of your salad is by garnishing it with spiced meat. Trust me; it works well for all salads including your copycat cracker barrel kale and brussel sprout salad.
Health benefits of copycat cracker barrel kale and Brussels sprout salad
Relatively high in beta-carotene
Kale is a rich source of beta-carotene. Moreso, beta-carotene breaks down to produce vitamin A. Vitamin A is an essential nutrient that enhances our eyesight. Also, it keeps our heart, lungs, and kidneys in a healthy condition.
Kale fights cancer
When consumed, kale produces “sulforaphane” – an effective substance that fights cancer at molecular levels.
Pevents signs of inflammation
Brussels sprouts are essential vegetables that contain substances that are effective in scaring off any signs of inflammation on your skin.
Nutritional facts: copycat cracker barrel kale and Brussels sprout salad
- Calories: 43 kcal
- Total fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated fat: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Potassium: 389 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total carbs: 9 g
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Dietary fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
Here are salad recipes you should try:
- The Whole Foods Orzo Spinach Salad – satisfy your pasta cravings without the guilt with this extremely healthy salad.
- Whip up the famous salad at home and satiate yourself on these yummy superfoods with the Whole Foods Black Beans and Quinoa Salad
- The Whole Foods Salmon Salad – the perfect recipe for seafood lovers, break the monotony of leafy salads with this scrumptious recipe.
- Whole Foods Kale and Cranberry Salad – health and deliciousness in one meal? This recipe is the sure winner.
- The Wilted Kale Salad – have stale kale that will probably go bad? Salvage it with this delicious salad and have your fill!
- Applebee’s Spinach and Shrimp Salad – another seafood favorite.
- The Barbuto Kale Salad – This one is a must-try.
- The Tavern Kale Salad – not a fan of the bitter kale? This salad will make you reconsider!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.