The spicy, flavorful taste of Costco salmon Milano spurred me to make it one of my favorites. Besides, I am a fan of Costco restaurants. I’ve tried several recipes on their menu, but this one tops the list.
Get ready to be helplessly addicted!
Costco Salmon Milano
- 4 boneless salmon
- 5 sprigs of fresh dill (separated)
- 1 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian spices
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 8-ounce salted butter (at room temperature, 25°C)
- Get a large bowl, pour your salted butter, Italian spices, white wine, white pepper, sprigs of fresh dill. Add some garlic powder, then mix to form a compound butter (or Milanese butter).
- Mould the compound butter to mimic a ball shape.
- Scoop the compound butter into a plastic wrap. Then place it in your refrigerator and freeze for about four hours to two days.
- Preheat your oven to about 450°F.
- Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with a non-stick foil to ensure your salmon fillets don’t stick to the baking sheet.
- Place your salmon fillets on the foil. Sprinkle some white pepper and Italian spices on it.
- Carefully lay a sprig of fresh dill on each salmon piece.
- Transfer the frozen Milanese compound butter into a small bowl. Shape into golf-sized balls.
- Place these ball-shaped Milanese compound butter on top of the fresh dill on your salmon.
- Back to your oven, place the salmon Milano in it, and bake at 350°F for about ten minutes.
- Your salmon Milano is ready when it flakes slightly in the middle (you can test this by pressing the fish’s center with a knife)
What to serve with Costco salmon Milano
Sauteed mushroom is a tasty, flavorful side dish prepared by sauteing edible mushrooms. Moreover, the sauteed mushroom dish is mainly used as toppings for steak and fish meals. This makes it an ideal option to serve with your salmon.
Try pasta salad
You can prepare your pasta salad using one or more pasta types. Firstly, toss the cooked pasta in mayonnaise or vinegar dressing. Finally, serve this delicious pasta salad with your dish.
Sour cream cornbread
Typically, cornbread is prepared with milk. But if you substitute the milk with sour cream, you will get a classy sour cream cornbread. Moreover, other ingredients that must be present in your sour cream cornbread include all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder. Also ensure you use sugar, salt, etc.
Rice pilaf usually has a savory taste. This makes it a perfect pair.
Firstly, Prepare your asparagus vegetable, and drizzle in some olive oil. Next, add salt and pepper. Finally, roast Your asparagus and serve it on the side.
Which type of salmon should I use?
Sockeye salmon is a popular salmon species. Also, it is commonly used by Costco. Thus, if you desire a taste similar to Costco’s when making your recipe, go for sockeye salmon. More so, it is relatively high in protein.
Chum salmon species have a wild flavor and taste. It is ideal for people who want a distinct taste of salmon. Chum salmon is also less oily, making it easier for your fillets to maintain the non-stick rule.
Also known as Chinook salmon, King salmon species have a buttery taste. It also comes in large sizes. However, if you want to use King salmon, reduce the amount of salted butter. This is because king salmon already has a high butter content.
How can I preserve my Costco salmon Milano?
Here are the two most effective ways:
Store in an airtight container
If you can’t finish a plate of Costco salmon at a go, you can still preserve the leftovers. Firstly, turn the leftover meal into a sealed or airtight container. Secondly, place it in your refrigerator. When you are ready to use again, simply warm it up.
You can also keep it in the fridge.
A general way of preserving perishable foods for a short period is freezing. It works here too.
Nutritional fact: Costco salmon Milano
- Calories: 589 kcal
- Total fat: 49 g
- Saturated fat: 23 g
- Unsaturated fat: 22 g
- Trans fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 336 mg
- Cholesterol: 178 mg
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Net carbohydrates: 0 g
- Sugar alcohols: 0 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Fiber: 0 g
Check out more salmon recipes:
- Also, this Costco salmon burger is very easy to prepare.
- This Chum salmon recipe is a delicacy worth trying.
- I love good salmon recipes! Even more, I love an EASY salmon recipe like this baked copper river salmon.
- If you have been wondering how to make a creamed salmon recipe, you really won’t believe how easy it is. Just 7 ingredients and you have got a royal meal.
- This copper river sockeye salmon recipe is a delicious treat for a special family get-together, a table for two dinner, or a simple breakfast.
- Here is a simple copper chef salmon recipe to spice up your Saturday mornings.
- This Costco stuffed salmon recipe owes its super-rich taste to the luscious and classy condiments present in it.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.