Couscous kale is a tasty dish prepared from whole grains (couscous) and kale vegetables.
Also, this recipe combines almonds, cannellini beans, parmesan cheese, and more to achieve an A-grade flavor. Moreover, the kale renders enticing greenery look to this recipe.
Don’t worry, if this is going to be your first time making this meal. It will be a hit! I promise.
Couscous kale recipe
- 1 cup couscous (whole wheat)
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 cup water
- 1 canned cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup whole almonds (salted)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt to taste
- In a saucepan, pour some butter and water. Add the whole-wheat couscous, stir well.
- Cover the saucepan and leave the mixture for about five minutes allowing the couscous to absorb the water and butter completely.
- Heat the olive oil in another saucepan over medium heat.
- In the saucepan, pour your cannellini beans, garlic, and chopped kale. Stir with the hot olive oil and cook for about eight minutes until the ingredients become dry.
- Stir the couscous mixture with the kale mixture. Then fold in some whole almonds.
- Spice up the couscous kale mixture with ground black pepper. Add some salt to taste.
- Divide the couscous kale into four serving plates; top with parmesan cheese.
How can I garnish my couscous kale recipe?
You can enjoy your delicious kale for breakfast or brunch. Also, you can make your dish more classy by pairing it with some appetizer dishes.
The soft, meaty part of the crab is known as crab meat. Crabmeat is also tender, smooth, and sweet. You will love the way it pairs perfectly with your couscous Kal.
One of the best side dishes you can ever pair with your kale recipe is a vegetable medley.
A vegetable medley is an assorted bowl of vegetables. Thus, serving your kale with a vegetable medley gives you a meal highly rich in vegetables.
Farro is an ancient grain mostly grown by Tuscan farmers. Also, grain-based salads are perfect garnish options for couscous kale.
Spicy chicken thighs
Top your kale recipe with spicy chicken thighs. Friendly advice: Don’t make this recipe if you’ve got a tight schedule. It could ruin things a little 🤣. Well, if you don’t mind moving around with a sleepy look, then it’s totally fine.
This recipe tastes so good, you just want to relax after having it!
Sugar snap peas
Also known as snap peas or mangetout, sugar snap peas are edible round pod peas with thick pod corners.
Moreover, their sweet taste is a perfect compliment for the couscous kale recipe.
Sweet potatoes are sweet, starchy foods.
Health benefits of couscous kale
Excellent source of plant-based protein
Most metabolic processes in your body require amino acids for guaranteed effectiveness. However, consuming plant-based protein is the best way to increase the content of the amino acids in your body. Since the kale in your couscous kale is a highly nutritious vegetable, it supplies your body with plant-based protein.
Supplies the body with powerful antioxidants
The couscous in your couscous kale is a rich source of selenium. Moreso, selenium is an essential mineral and a potent antioxidant. An antioxidant helps to repair damaged cells. They also prevent all sorts of inflammation.
Reduces the risk of diabetes
Couscous kale is a good source of fibers, vitamins, and minerals. Moreso, Foods rich in fibers, vitamins, and minerals protect one’s body against diabetes.
Nutritional fact: Couscous kale
- Calories: 396.6 kcal
- Total fat: 11.2 g
- Saturated fat: 1.2 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9 g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 297.9 mg
- Potassium: 471.2 mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 8.8 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Total carbohydrates: 63.8 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Try out this Bobby Flay Kale recipe. All you need to do is saute the kale and prepare a buttery, creamy sauce with chopped kale to give your salad a juicy, flavorful taste.
- This honor bar kale salad will change your mind about kale recipes.
- Impress your friends with this Barbuto Kale Salad.
- Get creative with Tavern Kale Salad.
- This central market’s kale cranberry pepita salad recipe is healthy and nutritious.
- Must-try cabbage and kale recipe.