Cranberry Almond Granola Bar is a yummy snack for kids and even adults who like snacks. Granola bars can be found in some grocery stores but a healthier and tastier version can be prepared at home with a lot of varieties included.
This recipe is quick, easy to prepare and you only have to wait for 30 minutes!
Let’s dig into this recipe!
Cranberry Almond Granola Bar Recipe
- 1 ½ cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cups of sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoons of salt.
- ⅓ dried cup of cranberries
- ⅓ cups of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 3250F.
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over low-medium heat. Gently add maple syrup, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until butter melts, sugar dissolves and you have everything properly combined.
- In a neat bowl, combine almonds and oats. Add the already prepared liquid mixture and pour it over oats and honey, then stir carefully to combine. Allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Gently combine cranberries and chocolate chips, then stir.
- Transfer the prepared mix into a baking tray, with the use of a spatula, ensure that the mix is tightly pressed against the pan.
- Allow baking for 20-25 minutes.
Health Benefits of Cranberry Almond Granola Bar
Cranberry almond granola bar is a favorite in most households due to its rich flavor and health benefits. Also, this recipe contains ingredients that are of great benefit to human health:
Shall we begin?
Firstly, this recipe contains almonds and granola. They are high-fiber foods. Foods rich in fiber help to keep the digestive tract working smoothly.
Also, this is one of those meals that keep you feeling full for a long time due to the presence of fiber in the ingredients. This simply means you don’t have to visit the kitchen often nor do you need to take junks that can lead to weight gain.
Almonds! The star of this recipe. Almonds contain a huge amount of vitamin E. More so, the presence of Vitamin E in the body protects the skin from aging prematurely. It prevents wrinkles and increases blood flow.
In addition, almonds are a rich source of iron. Iron helps to repel the possible symptoms of anemia in the body.
Let’s not forget the cranberry! Cranberries contain a high amount of antioxidants.
According to research, cranberries prevent certain types of cancer and reduce the risk of urinary tract infections.
Interesting ways to enjoy Cranberry Almond Granola Bar.
You can choose to enjoy this snack with different types of nuts. Examples of nuts to try are cashew, dried apples, almonds, and so on. More so, you can pair this snack with your ice cream. The nice flavor from the bar will serve as a perfect blend for your ice cream.
Here are more options you could also try.
On a sliced apple, place a granola bar and place the second sliced apple over it. You can bake this for 30 minutes and slice it into the preferred shape.
Peanut butter chocolate bars
Mix almond granular in peanut butter and refrigerate.
On a Popsicle stick, place peeled banana and roll it in honey. Proceed to roll it in granola and then eat it like a Popsicle.
Tips for making cranberry almond granola bar
To obtain a great texture and flavor, ensure to toast your nut properly before you add the nuts to the granola base.
Also, ensure that the mixture is pressed tightly to the baking pan before baking to prevent the bars from breaking.
These bars are great but not super sweet, so if you are looking for an extremely sweet snack you should consider adding some sweetener while preparing the recipe.
How to store cranberry almond granular bar
After making this recipe, it can be stored in an air-tight container or refrigerator.
Some granola bars are softer than others, these can be stored at room temperature. To make the granola bars harder, refrigerating them will do a perfect job.
Is it possible to have granola bars without peanut butter?
Peanut butter has a lot of helpful benefits. It provides the body with the sufficient energy required to start the day. However, if you are not a great fan of peanut butter you can substitute it with almond butter.
These beautiful almond recipes will blow your mind
- If you like to keep it simple, then try this Almond Milk Flan
- Looking for something quick and easy, check out this Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe
- If you love to experiment, then this Almond Bailey is your go-to.
- Are you on a diet and looking for something fresh and lightweight? This low-carb Almond Hummus has got your back.
- Check out these amazing recipes that won’t disappoint you: Almond Buns, Almond Biscotti and Almond Crunch.