Quick, Easy and Tasty: That’s what you get when you make this creamed beets recipe. This audacious recipe feature cooked beats, minced banana, lemon and its topped off with sour cream. Moreover, you can use fresh beets that you cook yourself or you can use the canned beets (drained).
I hope you have got your best shoes on, because this recipe is about to sweep you off your feet.
Creamed Beets Recipe
- Medium sized banana, minced
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lemon
- Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Carefully remove tops from beets and wash thoroughly. Put the beets in boiling water and boil until it is quite tender. Ensure that it doesn’t get too soft.
- Mix your banana, pepper, lemon juice, milk, blended garlic and a pint of salt. Mix well, then add sour cream as well. Heat for 2 minutes
- After you have mixed well, add the boiled beets to the mixture and stir till you have desired result.
What to serve with creamed beets?
Nothing stops you from having your creamed beets with some touch of spontaneity. Moreover, you can get creative with your creamed beets. Here are some additions you can have with your creamed beets.
Firstly, who says you can’t have some ham with your creamed beet? Ham is not for burgers alone, you know. So, put some in your creamed beets and enjoy your meal.
Lovers of pork! Here’s another way you can have your pork. Put it in your creamed beet. Well, you can rename your meal. Call it Pork wand creamed beets- you are still on the right track.
Any Part of the brisket is a great complement for the creamed beets. However, get the one that suits you and enjoy your meal.
If you want an exclusive vegetarian diet, then you can add some more vegetables to the meal. Besides, the creamed beet is not averse to having vegetables.
After all, what is a creamy beet without some sour cream? Go ahead, add some sour cream and get a creamy taste.
Health benefits: Creamed beet
This meal provides an adequate amount of protein that is needed for bodybuilding and body repair.
It also has an adequate amount of carbohydrates which gives you the necessary energy
Creamed beets contain a high amount of fibre. This, it’s a good option if you want to lower your cholesterol levels.
Frequently asked questions about creamed beets recipe
Can I eat creamed beets recipe every day?
Yes. However, take it in the right proportion. Also, pair it with other foods. That way you don’t get bored eating it.
Is a beets recipe expensive?
The ingredients used are quite affordable. Also, beets can be found anywhere and are cheap. It is budget friendly.
Is this recipe high in cholesterol?
No. however, your ingredients play a key role in determining the cholesterol level.
Can I make a baked creamed beets recipe?
Yes. Moreover, you can make your creamed beets in different ways. Also, if you don’t want to bake your beets, you can roast them.
There is enough room for exploration😊.
- This Mashed Beets Recipe is dedicated to all Beet lovers out there. It’s a smooth thick curry with a perfect balance between sweet, salty, and sour tastes.
- After one bite you won’t be able to stop yourself from reaching for more of this Haitian Potato salad beets. You can also pair this salad with Gluten-Free Sesame Chicken, Instant Pot Mongolian Beef. More so, add more chewy and dense texture to your Haitian Salad with Whole Grain Rice Cakes.
- This Harvard Beets Honey Recipe graduated from Harvard with a first-class grade!