Creamed lettuce recipe is breathtaking not just because of its taste but also its nutritional elements. More so, if you are a lover of tasty meals, this one will steal your breath away.
Whether you want to have your creamed lettuce recipe as a side meal or main course, you will still enjoy this tasty dish.
Got 30 minutes? Then the spotlight is on you! Let’s make this recipe.
Creamed Lettuce Recipe
- 200g lettuce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 canned milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- Sea salt (To taste)
- 2 boiled egg
- Sliced onion
- 3 Tbsp apple cider (optional)
- Put the Mayonnaise and milk in a bowl and whip for some seconds until it foams a bit.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and apple cider. Whisk together for a minute.
- Put the lettuce in a bowl and add onions, pour the mayonnaise mixture over the lettuce.
- Mix well till ingredients are well blended.
- Pour in the neatly sliced eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready for serving.
What can I serve with a creamed lettuce recipe?
Firstly, your creamed lettuce can be both a side meal or a main dish. Whichever way, creamed lettuce can be complemented with any of the following.
For a delightful breakfast, pair your creamed lettuce with sweet potato. You can also make use of Irish potatoes.
We certainly need some carbs in our meals, otherwise, how do we get the energy for our daily activities? Some slices of yam can be combined with creamed lettuce.
Make a lighter soup that nods to borscht by combining beets and tomatoes. Finally, puree with stock.
Except you want an exclusive vegetarian diet, you could help yourself with some beef. You can also use any kind of beef.
Firstly, broil cooked beets until charred. After this, chop and toss with garlic, chiles and cilantro. Finally, serve with tortilla chips. Looks like a meal to die for right?
Some citrusy dressing sounds like a good idea!
Shred beets and serve them raw in a citrusy dressing.
You can also add some peas to your servings.
If you want an exclusive vegetarian diet, you can get other vegetables to the creamed lettuce. Moreover, you can try Spinach, cabbage or dandelion greens.
Health benefits of creamed lettuce
The creamed lettuce doesn’t come with its creamy taste alone, it also has some nutritional and health benefits attached . Here are some of the numerous benefits:
Low risk of diabetes
Creamed lettuce is diabetes friendly. If you are diabetic, you certainly have limited options for food but eh! You’ve an additional option with the creamed lettuce.
Lettuce contains proteins like lipoxygenase. This protein helps to control inflammation.
Also, different researches and studies have used lettuce in folk medicine to relieve inflammation and osteodynia.
Moreover, lettuce contains A, E and K. These vitamins may also help to fight inflammation.
Aids weight loss
One serving of lettuce contains just 5 calories. Lettuce is also low in energy density. For instance, Romaine lettuce contains 95% water and 1 gram of fiber per cup.
Fiber keeps you full and discourages binging which may aid weight loss.
Lettuce is high in vitamins. Moreover, vitamin C helps to reduce arterial stiffness and helps in the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
In addition, lettuce contains potassium. Potassium helps to lower blood pressure and prevents heart disease.
Lettuce consumption also increased HDL (the good cholesterol)
Check out more simple lettuce recipes
- Want to explore more of Lettuce recipes? Check out these; Lettuce Indian Recipe, Chili Lettuce Wrap Recipe, Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe, Carrabba’s Italian Lettuce Wrap Recipe, and California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap Recipe.
- You don’t need any special juicers or blenders to make this lettuce juice recipe.
- This Lettuce Indian Recipe offers a heavenly combination of cottage cheese and lettuce leaves. It’s extremely delicious and boasts a high nutritional value.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.