There are numerous ways to make salmon fish a great delicacy, however making it into a creamed recipe is simply divine!
Whether it’s pan-fried, baked, or grilled, you can’t go wrong. Salmon is rich and savory, yet so healthy for you.
Moreso, if you have been wondering how to make a creamed salmon recipe, you really won’t believe how easy it is. Just 7 ingredients and you have got a royal meal.
I also love the fact that the recipe includes cold milk and green peas. Talk about my favorites in one single meal. Yay! ????
So, let’s make you your royal creamed salmon
Creamed Salmon Recipe
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 canned green peas
- 600g salmon
- Black pepper and salt, to taste
- 6 cloves onion
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Set heat at medium. Then whisk melted butter with flour until you get a smooth paste.
- Add milk. (You can also add the reserved liquid you got from peas). Stir until mixture becomes thick.
- Carefully break salmon into pieces. Break apart every large piece and also take apart bones.
- Add peas and onions to the salmon and stir. (Stir with a wooden spoon to avoid the peas from being mashed)Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Add pepper for spicy taste and salt to taste.
- Serve with desired side dish.
What to serve with a creamed salmon dish?
Creamed salmon is your best bet simply for its dexterity. You can have it as a main course, a side and even as a dessert. Here are some foods you can have with the delicacy.
Cider glazed carrots
Ever tried adding fresh apple cider and maple syrup to your carrots? You will love it. Firstly, roast or steam your carrots ahead of time. However, when you are ready to serve, heat a saute pan with some butter or oil. Once the pan gets hot, add the carrots. After this, add a small amount of apple cider and maple syrup. Finally, toss to coat all of the carrots and cook until the cider starts to evaporate and create a glaze.
Steamed green beans
To make this, you need green beans. Once you have them, steam them in a steamer or a pot of boiling water. Finally, toss with salt and pepper once ready.
Sweet potatoes are sweet, delicious, and make a great side option for salmon. Also, you don’t need a lot of ingredients to spice it up. Once your potatoes are fully cooked, spice them up with butter, salt and pepper.
Your creamed salmon would also go well with some parfait with toppings.
Nutritional fact: Creamed salmon recipe
- Calories: 401
- Total fat: 182.g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 6.6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 301.2 mg
- Potassium 885.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 48.9 g
- Calcium 56.4 %
- Copper 14.1 %
- Folate 14.1 %
- Iron 13.8 %
- Magnesium 23.3
Check out These Easy Salmon Recipes
- The spicy, flavorful taste of Costco salmon Milano spurred me to make it one of my favorites.
- Also, this Costco salmon burger is very easy to prepare.
- This Chum salmon recipe is a delicacy worth trying.I love good salmon recipes! Even more, I love an EASY salmon recipe like this baked copper river salmon.
- This copper river sockeye salmon recipe is a delicious treat for a special family get-together, a table for two dinner, or a simple breakfast.Here is a simple copper chef salmon recipe to spice up your Saturday mornings
- These recipes will make your day Chicken of the Sea Salmon, Trader Joe’s Salmon, and Blue Apron Salmon
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.