Creamy curry penne pasta with mushrooms, spinach, and red beans recipe is guaranteed to put a lasting smile on your face. I love to make this recipe anytime I am having a bad day. The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this recipe has a magical way of brightening up my mood. I am sure you will feel the same after making yours!
Let’s make this pasta recipe!
Creamy Curry Penne Pasta
- 200 g dried Penne pasta
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1/2 medium / large onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 g mushrooms
- 200 g red beans
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 100 g fresh organic baby spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Penne Pasta, pour the pasta into boiling, salted water, and cook until al dente. The required cooking time is about 11 minutes. Make sure that the pasta does not overcook, check the strength of the Penne pasta during cooking. It needs to stay firm and keep its shape.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion, garlic and sliced mushrooms in a frying pan with an olive oil for 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the finished, red beans, then stir everything and continue to fry until the beans soften. Next, add the baby spinach, stir and fry until the spinach is soft.
- Turn the heat down to low, then add in curry spice. Stir for 1 min until fragrant.
- Pour in the canned coconut milk and squeeze half of a lemon.
- Once the pasta is cooked, stir them into the pan with the creamy curry sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot and enjoy in perfectly complex flavors.
What kind of sauces should I use for penne?
Penne absorbs various types of sauces but it is perfect for creamy and oily sauces. Pairing penne with sauces that contains a lot of tomatoes or vegetables like champignons and red beans is enthralling.
What is curry powder made of?
Curry powder is a mixture of ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and pepper. However, there are different combinations. Some contain cinnamon, nutmeg, chili, clove, black pepper, mustard, basil. Despite this, one ingredient you will find in almost every curry powder is turmeric.
Curry plays a great role in enhancing the taste of many vegetable dishes. Its health benefits include aiding indigestion, inflammatory diseases, and also reduced blood sugar levels.
I hope you make this creamy curry penne pasta
Health benefits of pasta recipe
Firstly, white and whole-wheat pasta serve as excellent sources of selenium, a mineral that activates antioxidant enzymes tasked with protecting your cells from molecular damage. Also, some studies have found that eating this pasta can increase antioxidant levels in the blood and may help prevent chronic conditions like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
- Easy to make vegan avocado pasta, silken tofu berry smoothies and vegan noodle soup
- This brown rice pasta with broccoli, garlic, and kale is your one-way ticket to having a meal that is delicious, satisfying, nutritious, and time-saving.
- This brown rice quinoa pasta is perfect for a saturday breakfast.
- Get creative with celery peanut butter recipe, tofu scramble.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.