Be it a kid or an adult, cookies are a favorite snack of everybody. One cannot deny the fact that the crispy and crunchy cookies are not their favorite. These are so delicious and can tempt anybody. And the best thing about Crispy Almond Cookies is that they are so easy to bake and are full of nutrition. Almond taste makes it a heavenly delight.
Crispy Almond Cookies
- 1¾ cups All-purpose flour.
- 1 tsp Tartar cream.
- ⅛ tsp Salt.
- ½ cup Shortening.
- ¾ cups White sugar.
- 2 pcs Eggs.
- 1½ tsp Warm Water.
- 1½ tsp Baking soda.
- ½ tsp Almond Extract.
- 2 tbsp Milk.
- ¼ cup Ground Almond.
- Take a large bowl for mixing the ingredients. First, add shortening to the cream and then add sugar.
- Take another bowl to separate the eggs. You only need egg yolks and store the albumin for later use. Add the egg yolk to the cream sugar mixture.
- Then add almond extract and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Next, mix baking soda in water and then pour into the mixture.
- Now add two tbsp of milk,flour, tartar cream, and a pinch of salt.
- It’s time to mix, mix and mix. Then fold the crushed almonds into the mixture.
- Knead the dough of cookies and roll into a log. The diameter of the log should be between 2 to 2.5 inches. Then wrap the dough into foil paper and put it in the refrigerator. Cool it for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours.
- While the dough is prepping in the fridge, preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a mandatory step because if you commence baking without preheating, the results would be different.
- Next, up is cookie dough cutting into the entailed shape.You can use a cookie cutter having different shapes. Shape the cookie into 1/8 inch thick pieces.
- Place the cookies on the baking pan. Make sure to maintain the distance of 2 inches between the cookies. Give them enough space to blossom into the perfect shape.
- Brush the top of the cookie with the stored and whisked egg whites. You can add cinnamon, sugar, or chocolate chips to the top of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until the color is light brown. Let them cool on the cooling rack.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Almonds are a powerhouse of nutrients and highly recommended by medical practitioners. It is suggested to take a handful of nuts daily to maintain a healthy wellbeing. Almonds contain a lot of antioxidants which helps you to fight aging and aids in battling cancer. The antioxidants are present in the brown layer of the almonds.
Almonds are also a potential source of vitamins, particularly Vitamin E, which helps combat cardiac problems, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. These also control the blood sugar by providing the magnesium required to keep the sugars in control. And not only sugar but the blood pressure is also maintained because of the magnesium provided by almonds. For cholesterol problems, doctors’ advice to take 3 almonds as almonds lower LDL labelled as bad cholesterol.
Calorie Count of Crispy Almond Cookies
Crispy Almonds Cookies contain a calorie count of 73.8. It has a lot of carbohydrates including sugar. The carbs content is 9.1 grams. Sugar content is 4.3 grams, protein is 1.2 grams, fats, 3.7 grams and saturated fats 0.8 grams. The trace elements include calcium which is 5.9 mg, iron is 0.4 mg, magnesium is 4.5 mg, and last but not least sodium is 64.91 mg. the calories from the fats is 33.4.
Why do you need to make Crispy Almond Cookies?
Almond Cookies are a treat for taste buds. These are delicious and can be consumed at any time of the day because these are light in weight. The tint of almond in the cookies is divine and the pleasure is out of the world.
If you plan to have a weekend get-together or go on a hangout, these Crispy Almond Cookies are the best go-to snacks. You can prepare it without any difficulty and these just take a few minutes to bake. And you get a handy batch of almond cookies ready in no time.
- Calories: 73.8
- Protein: 1.2 gram
- Fat: 3.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.91 grams
- Cholesterol: 10.4 mg
- Vitamin A: 15.3 IU
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Calcium: 5.9 mg
- Iron: 0.40 mg
- Magnesium: 4.51 mg
If you are a cookie fan, we have some delightful recommendations for you. Here they are;
- Cookies are love and cookie lovers can very well relate to the love for cookies. If you are one of them, try out Almond Crisps Cookie Recipe, Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe, and Almond Meringue Cookies. I am sure you are going to love these.
- We do have Gluten-Free Hamantaschen Recipe Almond Flour in the house as well.
- All time favorites Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- And finally, Giant Peanut Butter Cookie Cake Recipe for the whole family.
I hope you liked the Crispy Almond Cookies Recipe and will try it out. I would love to hear about your experience trying out these amazing sweet dishes.