Salmon! Whether baked, broiled, or grilled is uncontestably tasty. More so, salmon is a star of many dining tables, and this dash diet salmon recipe is no different.
For this recipe, get your manuka honey, Asian rice vinegar, and salmon fillets ready. Something beautiful is about to hit you.
Let’s make this recipe.
Dash Diet Salmon
- 3 ounces whole salmon fillets
- 2 thinly chopped scallions
- 5 tbsp Asian rice vinegar
- 4 soy sauce (low sodium)
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp sesame oil (Asian)
- 2 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1 tsp finely ground ginger
- Rinse salmon fillets through and drain with a kitchen towel until they becomes dry.
- Place drained salmon fillets in a baking dish and set it aside.
- Get a small bowl. Pour soy sauce, sesame oil (Asian), garlic, Asian rice vinegar, Manuka honey, ginger, scallion, and ground black pepper. Mix all ingredients using a hand whisk.
- Pour the seasoned mixture on the salmon fillets. Ensure the mixture coats every part of the salmon. Then cover the coated salmon fillets with a lid and freeze for about 3 hours.
- Transfer the frozen salmon fillets to a large baking sheet. Also, skin the salmon fillets.
- Next, preheat the oven to about 350°F. Place the skinned salmon fillets in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Fillet is ready once it turns brown.
What to serve with dash diet salmon
Perhaps you’re running out of what to eat for breakfast. Getting a dish of salmon on your table is the right step but that’s not all, finish off with these side dishes.
You can prepare your sweet, creamy honey sauce with honey as the chief ingredient. Also include mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and several spices.
Moreover, sweet side dishes are ideal blends for salmon. This makes it more of a reason you should consider honey sauce as a perfect pairing for your salmon.
The maple glaze is also another sweet side dish you can also pair with salmon. To prepare a delightful, mouth-watering maple glaze, you need just five ingredients. These ingredients are butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, milk, and salt.
After preparing the glaze, coat it on all sides of your salmon and enjoy.
“Oh damn. This is really good” I couldn’t help exclaiming the first time I tried salmon and broccoli soup. I’m sure you would also love it because the combo is a splendid one!
Broccoli soup comprises broccoli, milk, and stock. It also tastes mildly creamy when paired with salmon.
FAQs: Dash diet salmon
Here are some frequently asked questions about dash diet salmon that can help soothe your worries:
What’s the essence of dash diet salmon?
The dash in “dash diet” means “dietary approaches to stop hypertension“. The DASH diet is a healthy eating plan designed to help treat or prevent high blood pressure (hypertension). The DASH diet includes foods that are rich in potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Thus, you have to prepare your salmon in a way that will lower your blood pressure. This is done by adjusting the ingredients.
Can a pescatarian eat dash diet salmon?
Yes! Pescatarians are fish eaters. So they can eat any fish species, most especially salmon, irrespective of whether it’s a dash diet salmon or not.
- Calories: 250kcal
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 31g
- Sodium: 204mg
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Calcium: 11%
- Potassium: 756mg
More mouth-watering salmon recipes
- The spicy, flavorful taste of Costco salmon Milano spurred me to make it one of my favorites.
- Also, this Costco salmon burger is very easy to prepare.
- ““““““““““““““““““““I love good salmon recipes! Even more, I love an EASY salmon recipe like this baked copper river salmon.
- If you have been wondering how to make a creamed salmon recipe, you really won’t believe how easy it is. Just 7 ingredients and you have got a royal meal.
- This copper river sockeye salmon recipe is a delicious treat for a special family get-together, a table for two dinner, or a simple breakfast.
- Here is a simple copper chef salmon recipe to spice up your Saturday mornings.
- This Costco stuffed salmon recipe owes its super-rich tast
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.