Today’s special is found at almost all Dominican holidays and events. It’s fairly a simple recipe, but it’s reserved for special occasions. So, when you visit your loved ones and they serve you beets potato salad; know that you are special.
Let’s make this recipe!
Dominican Beets Potato Salad
- 1 Beet Small sized
- 5 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Egg Hard boiled, Diced
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1-1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Onion Grated
- Peel the beet and cut into quarters.
- In a saucepan, add water and pour cut beets into the water.
- Bring to a boil and cook the beet until it becomes tender. Do this for about 19 minutes.
- Allow to cool and dice the beets neatly.
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover it with water. Also, add salt.
- Bring water to a boil and cook until tender for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized chunks. (You can remove the skin)
- In another large bowl, whisk mayo, olive oil, and vinegar. Then, add the potatoes and hard-boiled egg. Season with salt to taste.
- In the large bowl, grate onions to collect the juice. Add the beets and mix until it turns pink.
- Season with salt if needed.
Pro Tips for Making Best Dominican Beets Potato Salad
- For this recipe, I used Yukon Gold Potatoes. However, you can replace it with Russet Potatoes, as you prefer.
- I understand that some people don’t like mayo very much (But that’s totally okay, no judgments here). If that is your case, you can simply replace mayo with sour cream and lemon. Moreover, if you are vegan, there is a beautiful list of vegan mayo that you can pick from.
- Canned Beets or Fresh Beets? Nothing beats a fresh beet. However, if you can’t get a fresh one, you can use canned beets. You will still get a perfect Dominican beets potato salad.
- What should I do if the onion tastes too strong? Simply add more Mayo
What to Serve With Potato Salad?
Hamburgers: Potatoes on the right, hamburgers on the left: Simply phenomenal! You will also enjoy this pair because both are parked with a lot of flavors. Moreover, the creamy taste of the potato salad completely matches the savory taste of the hamburger.
Chicken: Whether you want your chicken fried, barbecued, roasted, or grilled, any chicken will do justice to your Dominican Beets potato salad. There is nothing to hate about a crispy and juicy chicken paired with a hot and creamy potato salad. Yum!
Barbecue ribs: I have a little confession: I have got a watering mouth at the thought of this masterpiece combination. Also, there is something celestial about the way the potatoes drench in the barbecue ribs sauce feel.
Ham: I love ham, and I am sure that a lot of you probably do so as well. We know that as delicious as it can be, it’s not filling? So, why not pair it with potato salad?
Grilled fish: Thought we were gonna leave you out, dear grilled fish? No way! The subtle flavor of the grilled fish pairs perfectly with your creamy potato salad.
Baked beans: If you are looking for a side dish that will tone down the creamy taste of your potato salad, think baked beans! Moreso, adding baked beans also boosts the nutritional value and health benefits.
- Calories: 77
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 357mg
- Potassium: 322mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13.8
- Sugars: 3.5g
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 2.0g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Protein: 1.5g
These Salad Recipes Will Take Your Salad Game to the Next Level
- The Whole Foods Orzo Spinach Salad – satisfy your pasta cravings without the guilt with this extremely healthy salad.
- Satisfy your pasta cravings with Orzo Spinach Salad and enjoy a guilt-free salad delight.
- Whip up the famous salad at home and satiate yourself on these yummy superfoods with the Whole Foods Black Beans and Quinoa Salad.
- The Whole Foods Salmon Salad – the perfect recipe for seafood lovers, break the monotony of leafy salads with this scrumptious recipe.
- Whole Foods Kale and Cranberry Salad – health and deliciousness in one meal? This recipe is the sure winner.
- The Wilted Kale Salad – have stale kale that will probably go bad? Salvage it with this delicious salad and have your fill!
- Applebee’s Spinach and Shrimp Salad – another seafood favorite.
- The Barbuto Kale Salad – This one is a must-try.
- The Tavern Kale Salad – not a fan of the bitter kale? This salad will make you reconsider!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.