Whether it’s a family picnic or an exotic indoor party, a rich and creamy Dona Maria Mole with Peanut Butter is a must. No feast is complete without this rich and luscious creamy mole treat! The addition of the Abuelita chocolate tablet crowns this recipe with a sweet twist. Yipee!!! It’s going to be really exciting.
Let’s make this recipe right away.
Dona Maria Mole With Peanut Butter Recipe
- 5 lbs Chicken
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 5 cloves Garlic Peeled
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 gallon Water
- 8 Chili Ancho Peppers Without seeds
- 6 Chili Pasilla Peppers Without seeds
- 6 Guajillo Peppers Without seeds
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Chili Seeds Reserved
- 1/2 White Onion Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Ripe Plantain Sliced
- 3 Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 stick Cinnamon Broken into pieces
- 1 Abuelita Chocolate Tablet
- 7 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Oil
- In a stockpot with water, add chicken onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer till chicken is tender or for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Allow the broth to cool before straining it.
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Roast onion, tomatoes, garlic, and onion for 15 minutes till you have a black spot. (Not burnt)
- Toast the chili peppers on each side over medium heat. Pour them into a pot and cover with hot water.
- In a skillet, add ¼ cup of oil. When it is hot, fry plantain until brown on both sides.
- Next, Turn the slices of plantain into the pot containing the chili.
- Fry the tortillas until brown and add to the pot containing the fried plantain and chili.
- Next, fry the chili seeds, cinnamon, and whole cloves before adding them to the pot.
- In batches, blend all the ingredients in the pot with the peanut butter and 8 cups of the strained chicken broth.
- Strain the blended mole sauce into a pot. Add 4 tbsp of oil and place over medium heat.
- Add chocolate and season with salt.
- Simmer for about 15- 20 min. Stirring occasionally.
What to Serve With Dona Maria Mole?
Tortillas: A tortilla is a thin, flat, circular, and unleavened flatbread originally made from maize hominy meal. Top Dona Maria bread on tortilla. It’s a match made in heaven.
Eggs: Scrambled egg is a sure-fire side dish for Dona Maria mole. You could also fry the eggs if you want.
Chicken: Chicken is the first things that comes to mind when you think of mole sauce. You can try roasted or grilled chicken with this mole.
Rice: There are different ways to make rice, so the ball is in your court. Whatever you do, just make sure the rice is spicy.
Pork: For the sake of variety, there are a lot of proteins you can serve with your mole, and pork is just another good side dish on the list.
Black beans: There are several canned beans options for you, and you could also make yours home too
Pro Tips for Enhancing Your Mole?
You can add a couple more ingredients to enhance your mole such as saltine, crackers, toasted bread, chipotle pepper, and sugar. You can roast, fry, or boil these ingredients as per your preference.
Add chocolates, or honey to add some more sweetness to the mole.
If you like it spicy, add one chipotle pepper in Adobo. However, rinse it beforehand to remove the vinegar flavor, then add it to the blender with the cooked tomatoes.
How to Store Dona Maria Mole?
You can prepare this mole recipe in advance for later use, as it can last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 246Kcal
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Vitamin C: 31.1mg
- Calcium 101mg
- Cholesterol: 200mg
- Sodium: 1130mg
- Potassium: 2078mg
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 18g
- Iron 6.2mg
Looking for More Peanut Butter Recipes? Try These!
- Peanut Butter Banana Juice is perfect for a hot day.
- Love egg rolls? Try; Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter.
- Craving for some dessert? Try; Giant Peanut Butter Cookie.
- What could be more yummy than this baked Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe, and Peanut Butter and Syrup Sandwich.
- Your kids will love this Peanut Butter Baby Food recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.