Dr Eric Berg Kale Shake is a pleasant recipe that everyone needs to include in their diet. Aside from the fact that it has an amazing taste, it also has great nutritional benefits that cannot be ignored.
If you have been scared of having shakes, then this recipe is a good one that will most likely change your mind. It is easy to make and it is healthy.
Dr Eric Berg Kale Shake Recipe
- 1 tbsp of raw wheatgrass juice powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp electrolyte powder
- 1-3 tbsp lemon juice
- Roughly chopped organic kale
- Fill the blender with ¾ handfuls of kale. Add water to fit at the same level as the kale in the blender
- Blend the kale and water combination for four minutes. Add lemon juice and blend for a few seconds.
- Put wheatgrass juice powder and electrolyte powder into the mixture and blend for a few more seconds. (Avoid blending for a long time to avoid foaming and spillover).
- If you choose to make use of coconut oil, then it is the right time to add it to the combination.
- Blend until you are certain you have it all combined.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy. You can add a straw and sip gently.
Health Benefits of Dr Eric Berg Kale Shake
Promotes weight loss
This recipe promotes weight loss. It contains low calories but can make one feel easily satisfied. Also, Kale is rich in protein and dietary fiber contributes to weight loss.
Rich in Vitamin C
Vitamin C contains antioxidants that aid digestion. It also helps in the development of muscles. This essential constituent also helps reverse skin aging.
Lowers cholesterol levels
Kale is made up of a group of resins that significantly bind bile acids in the human digestive tracts. This binding process prevents the resins from being reabsorbed by the body. Also, this process helps in reducing cholesterol. It also lowers the possible chances of having heart disease.
Beta-carotene is a great antioxidant that is found in vegetables. These vegetables can be converted by the body into Vitamin A. the vitamin A produced in the body helps to keep the body’s immune system completely healthy.
Packed with Quercetin
The recipe is made up of antioxidants that helps in the elimination of free radicals. This way, the chances of developing illness can be reduced.
Here is why you should include kale shake in your diet
The consumption of this shake provides the liver with a high amount of nutrients and Vitamin A.
The nutrient from this recipe is utilized by the liver, the mucus membrane, and sinuses. This helps to breathe in a better way while lots of oxygen is obtained.
The shake also helps to flush out acids in the liver if present.
Kale contains ten times the vitamin other vegetables contain. It contains high contents of Vitamin K and potassium. It helps to maintain a healthy body and significantly aids in flushing out acids from the liver.
Tips for making the best green smoothies
There have always been complaints when it comes to making green smoothies. The complaint is often associated with always having chunks of greens after blending. This can be avoided if a high-powered blender is used for the blending process. These high-power blenders can be a bit pricey and not everyone may be able to afford them.
On the contrary, if you are using a blender with a lesser capacity. It is always advisable to first blend your green (kale) with water before adding any other ingredients. Also, you may need more water compared with the high-powered blenders.
Also, when blending with a lower power blender, ensure you stop the blender frequently and stir before continuing the blending process.
How long can I store Dr. Eric Berg Kale’s smoothie?
This smoothie can be prepared beforehand and stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours before use. However, it is best to consume this recipe within one hour of preparation.
- The Whole Foods Orzo Spinach Salad – satisfy your pasta cravings without the guilt with this extremely healthy salad.
- Whip up the famous salad at home and satiate yourself on these yummy superfoods with the Whole Foods Black Beans and Quinoa Salad
- The Whole Foods Salmon Salad – the perfect recipe for seafood lovers, break the monotony of leafy salads with this scrumptious recipe.
- Whole Foods Kale and Cranberry Salad – health and deliciousness in one meal? This recipe is the sure winner.
- The Wilted Kale Salad – have stale kale that will probably go bad? Salvage it with this delicious salad and have your fill!
- Applebee’s Spinach and Shrimp Salad – another seafood favorite.
- The Barbuto Kale Salad – This one is a must-try.
- The Tavern Kale Salad – not a fan of the bitter kale? This salad will make you reconsider!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.