This Duncan Hines Almond Pound Cake offers a buttery rich flavor and silky smooth texture that you will love!
The star of this recipe is the vanilla instant pudding that is used as the pie fillings. In addition, almond extract enhances the natural flavor by adding a sweet and earthy aroma to this almond cake recipe.
The combination of everything that makes up this almond pound cake is just flawless. Let’s check it out!
Duncan Hines Almond Pound Cake
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines White cake mix
- 1 pkg Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling (3.4 oz)
- 4 Eggs Large
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Almond Extract
- 3/4 cup Almonds Finely chopped
- Icing Sugar To garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, add together cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, water, oil, and almond extract.
- Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Using a spoon, pour in the almonds.
- Pour into the floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes. You could also insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes.
- Turn it into the cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Garnish with icing sugar.
How to Store Almond Pound Cake?
Place the almond pound cake in an airtight container, and store it at room temperature; it will remain good for 3 days. You can also store it in a refrigerator for up to 6 days.
You can also freeze Almond Pound Cake. Simply, by wrapping it in foil or plastic wrap and placing it in an airtight container. It will remain good for 6 months.
Additional Toppings to Enhance your Duncan Hines Pound Almond Cake?
You can use, nuts, Fruit curd or jam, fresh fruit or grilled fruit, ice cream, sweetened ricotta, caramel sauce, whipped cream, chocolate ganache, powdered sugar, fruit sauce, and more as toppings for your Almond Pound Cake.
Tips to Make a Perfect Almond Pound Cake
- Ensure you whip all your ingredients until they are light and fluffy.
- Use unsalted butter, this will help you control the amount of salt needed.
- For a perfect and flavorful cake, ensure you use real vanilla.
- Don’t overbake your cake. It dries out the cake.
- To get smooth almond pound cake slices, allow the baked cake to cool completely.
- Don’t leave the pound cake to cool in the pan for too long or it will stick.
- Add one egg at a time. Moreover, continue to mix until you see an orange yolk blend into the batter. If you add the eggs all at once, you may have to beat the cake longer and this may give the eggs a rubbery texture.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Almond is a great ingredient to add to your diet, as it’s loaded with nutrients and health benefits. Some of the many benefits almond contains are mentioned below;
Lowers Cholesterol: Almonds are high in fat, but it is unsaturated fat. This type of fat does not increase the risk of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or “bad” cholesterol.
Reduces Cancer Risk: According to a study; nuts (peanuts or almonds) consumers are less likely prone to the risk of breast cancer.
Contains Vitamin E: Almonds contain relatively higher levels of Vitamin E, which contains antioxidants, such as tocopherol.
Improves Bone Health: Almonds contain calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin K, protein, and zinc. These nutrients help to improve bone health.
- Calories: 209Kcal
- Carbs: 41g
- Sugar 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Fat: 12g
- Polyunsaturated: 5g
- Saturated: 2g
- Trans 0g
- Sodium: 494mg
- Potassium: 23mg
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Calcium: 7 %
- Vitamin A: 2 %
- Iron: 18 %
More From Almond Orchard
- Want to keep it simple? Try Almond Milk Flan
- Looking for something quick and easy, check out this Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe
- If you love to experimenting, then this Almond Bailey is your go-to.
- Are you on a diet and looking for something fresh and lightweight? This low-carb Almond Hummus has got your back.
- Check out these amazing recipes that won’t disappoint you: Almond Buns, Almond Biscotti and Almond Crunch.
I hope you loved today’s special. Let me know how it turned out for you in the comments sections below.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.