Beets are a popular root vegetable that may be found in various cuisines around the world. Beets are low in calories and high in vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds, including those having therapeutic potential. They are also known to maintain blood pressure, improve athletic performance, fight inflammation, improve digestion, support brain health, help in losing weight, and contain anti-cancer properties. In addition, they are delicious and are very simple to incorporate into your daily diet. While experimenting with different styles in which Beets can be cook, I came across this easy and fun Chicken Beets Recipe that I am going to share with you today, and I am sure you will love it!
Chicken Beets Recipe
- 3 Small golden Beets, cut into half-inch wedges.
- 4 Bone-in Chicken Breasts.
- 6 Small peeled Shallots, cut in halves lengthwise.
- 2 Fennel bulbs, cut into ¼ inches thick.
- 2 Oranges, sliced.
- ½ cup Dry White Wine.
- 10 Sprigs of Tarragon and thyme each.
- 3 tbsp Olive oil.
- Kosher Salt.
Here is how you can make this amazing Chicken Beets Recipe;
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil on medium-high heat. While it heats, season your chicken with Salt and Pepper. When the pan is scorching hot, place the chicken in the pan, ensuring that the skin side is placed on the skillet.
- Let the chicken sear and get its color. It will take around 7 minutes for the skin to turn golden brown and get crispy. Now flip the Chicken Breasts and let it cook on the other side for another 4 minutes. Finally, take the chicken off the pan.
- Add another 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil to the pan. Add in the Beets, Fennel, Shallots. Season with Salt and Pepper and toss the vegetables to coat them with the remaining chicken fat.
- Place the Orange Slices below the vegetables and top them with Tarragon and Thyme Sprigs. Next, pour in the Wine and let the Chicken Breasts rest on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Let the dish roast for about 45-50 minutes without the lid on. Make sure to stir halfway through when the chicken breasts are cooked and tender.
- Remove from the pan, lay the Chicken Breast onto a plate, and top with the roasted vegetables. Your Chicken Beets are ready to be served.
Tip: If your Beets are still not tender, you can take out the Chicken Pieces and lay them on a plate. While they rest and cool, your Beets will continue to cook through. Serve once the Beets are soft and have a bite to it.
How Many Calories Are There In This Chicken Beets Recipe?
One serving of Chicken Beets contains 318 calories. Additional nutritional information includes:
- Fats 9g
- Protiens 24g
- Carbohydrtes 32g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 16g
Looking For Similar Recipes? Try These!
- If you’re looking for something very similar, try the Chicken with Citrus Beets Recipe.
- Craving for something creamy, Baked Peanut Butter Chicken is your pick.
- Want to go vegan? Try out Yard House Lettuce Wraps.
- You can also opt for Salmon as your protein; check out Bradley Smoker Salmon.
- Other recipes that you can try include Bj’s Spinach Artichoke Dip, Beet Leaves Indian Delight, Asian Salmon Burgers, and Barefoot Contessa Spinach Pie.