It might seem like an odd combination, but trust us when we say this: traditional “Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter” is the way to go! Here we will share with you the easiest way to make your delicious egg rolls dipped in creamy peanut butter sauce.
Give it a try, and you’ll thank us later.
Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter
Ingredients for Egg Rolls
- ¼ tsp Coarse-ground garlic salt.
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil.
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil.
- ½ lb Pork tenderloin (cut into fine pieces).
- 1½ cup Medium carrots (peeled, julienne).
- 3 cups Fresh bean sprouts.
- ½ cup White onion (finely diced).
- 1 pc Egg (lightly beaten).
- 2 cup Cabbage (thinly sliced).
- 16 oz Egg roll wrap
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil.
- 1 tsp Asian chilli oil.
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce (low sodium).
- 1½ tbsp Brown sugar.
- ½ tsp Ground ginger.
- 1 tsp Finely minced ginger.
- ¼ cup Peanut butter.
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar.
- 1½ tbsp Chicken broth.
- 1½ tbsp Pineapple juice.
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- Whisk together the soy sauce and brown sugar until the latter is completely dissolved.
- Gradually add this to the peanut butter, and stir till smooth. Add sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, and chilli oil. Stir and blend well.
- Divide this peanut mixture into two equal parts. Set one aside in a microwave-safe bowl to be used as the dipping sauce.
- Then, whisk the chicken broth/pineapple juice into the second portion of the peanut sauce. Set this aside for stir-fry.
Egg Roll Mixture:
- A large non-stick skillet or wok, add sesame oil and peanut oil, and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture is almost smoking.
- Add pork, season with garlic salt, and saute for about a minute.
- Add onions and carrots to this partially cooked meat and saute until the meat is almost cooked through. Next, add cabbage and saute for another minute.
- Finally, add beansprouts and toss the mixture for about 30 seconds until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the second portion of the peanut sauce to this meat and veggie mixture and cook for about a minute until the sauce is bubbling.
The carrots and bean sprouts must remain crisp-tender.
- Remove the skillet/wok from heat and strain the contents. This mixture should make about four cups of egg roll filling.
- Layer each egg roll wrap with about ¼ cup of filling and roll per instructions on the package. Seal the final edges of the folded wrap with egg wash.
- Fry the egg rolls (two to three at a time) in hot vegetable oil until golden brown. Strain onto an absorbent sheet.
- Finally, heat the initially prepared peanut sauce in a microwave for about 45 seconds, or just until it bubbles around the edges. Stir to mix, and serve with the egg rolls.
Cooked egg rolls can be kept warm in an oven until serving.
How Do I Store Egg Rolls and Peanut Butter Sauce?
After assembling the egg rolls, they can be frozen either before or after frying in an airtight container or package. If they are frozen uncooked, place a sheet of paper between the layers of egg rolls so they don’t stick together.
As for the peanut butter sauce can also be frozen in an airtight container for as long as two months. You can also use ice-cube trays to freeze portions of the sauce for easy retrieving.
Tips for Making the Best Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter
- Excess moisture makes egg rolls soggy, and they fall apart. So for making the best egg rolls, drain the filling before laying it on the roll wrap.
- Use as much egg roll filling as you can, but do not overstuff them. Overfilling will make the rolls difficult to seal.
- For a good sealing liquid, add one part water and one part cornstarch to a small bowl. Mix and keep the consistency like a paste.
- For the peanut butter sauce, make sure to keep stirring so that the sauce doesn’t stick to the pan.
- For the dipping sauce, make sure the sauce isn’t too runny or too thick.
Upgrade Your Dinner with these Sides and Desserts
Still feel like something’s missing? Why not try these side recipes to give you delicious egg rolls some company!
- Healthy and happening, try out Brown Rice Pasta With Broccoli And Kale
- Keep it simple with Brown Rice Crackers
- Keep it light with Brown Rice Krispies
- Add some sweetness to your dinner with Almond Burfi Recipe dessert
- Treat your sweettooth lightly with Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe or Almond Croissant Puff Pastry Recipe
Many Asian countries claim that the egg roll originated in their region, and many versions of the egg roll can be found in most Asian cuisines.
This recipe contains 172.1 calories.
Here is some additional nutritional information:
It might seem like an odd combination, but trust us when we say this: traditional egg rolls dipped in creamy peanut butter sauce is the way to go!
Give it a try, and you’ll thank us later.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.