What Is Eggs Benedict
Eggs Benedict is a delicious open-style sandwich that can be made at home for breakfast. It contains poached eggs, a slice of bacon, and spinach topped with hollandaise sauce. A favorite of many for a healthy yet delicious breakfast or brunch. Eggs Benedict with Spinach Recipe is a green variant of the original fried bacon strips. Healthy yet filling, a properly prepared eggs benedict with spinach breakfast will make you want to wake up early for breakfast every single day! Follow our simple steps and some easy tips to find out how to get your very own eggs benedict with the spinach recipe just right!
Eggs Benedict with Spinach Recipe
- 1 pc Toasted muffin.
- 1 tbsp Butter.
- 2 slices Bacon.
- 1 cup Spinach .
- 1 tbsp Olive oil.
- 2 pcs Eggs.
- 2 pcs Egg yolk.
- ½ cup Butter.
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice.
- 1 pinch Cayenne.
- 1 tbsp Salt.
- The oven should be preheated to 200 °C.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté spinach till it wilts. Add salt.
- Toast the English muffin until its golden brown.
- Swirl boiling water with a wooden spoon over medium heat and quickly add egg in the center. Cover and cook for 4 minutes until the white sets.
- Quickly add the egg into the center of the swirling water, cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until egg white is set and the yolk is still runny.
- Remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon while the yolk is still runny. Remove egg from the water with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the egg yolk, salt, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a blender and pulse for a minute. Later, slowly add melted butter until the mixture changes color and reaches desired consistency.
- Now layer the muffin with spinach, bacon, poached egg, and the sauce, and you are done! Benedict by layering the muffin with the bacon, spinach, poached eggs, and the sauce and viola!
- Calories 799
- Carbs 16g
- Fat 71g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 24g
Toasting the Muffins
Because eggs benedict has a high moisture content, the muffin should be toasted well to hold all that runny egg and hollandaise sauce without getting too soft. Under toasted muffins is a mistake done by many when they prepare their eggs benedict breakfast. The crunchiness holds up without falling apart, and you can enjoy your benedict with ease!
If you are preparing more than one sandwich, just pop all your muffins in the oven heated at 450 for about three minutes.
Poaching your Eggs
Poaching eggs can be an intimidating job because it takes practice before you can poach them perfectly. However, it’s not as difficult to get it right as people think. Just remember to use a wooden spoon when creating a swirl and adding the eggs for 4 minutes at most. Repeat this procedure for as many eggs as you like. Then, you can add them together, and remember to let the yolk stay runny. Then, remove with a slotted spoon only. Also, you don’t want too many bubbles, so reduce heat as soon as you see bubbles increasing.
Poaching Ahead of Time
Feel free to poach your eggs ahead of time and even prepare your hollandaise sauce and muffin earlier too. This way, you will be able to save time and prepare your breakfast with minimum effort. You will just have to reduce the poaching time to 3 minutes and then transfer your eggs to ice cold water and store them in your fridge till the morning. Later, just use the same slotted spoon and transfer your egg from the cold water to hot water (not boiling, and no swirling is needed this time). Heat them for one to two minutes only, and they are all set.
Size of your eggs
The size of the egg is important. Small eggs need to be poached for 2 to 3 minutes only, while larger ones need 3 to 4 minutes poaching time. Also, it’s a good idea to first break your eggs in a bowl instead of adding them directly to the pan of hot water.
Cooking the Spinach
Just add a teaspoon of olive oil to a pan and add a handful of baby spinach. Cook for a minute or two. Spinach should not be over sautéed for this recipe!
- To add more fun to your healthy Eggs Benedict with Spinach Recipe, you can add some delightful, tasty and healthy sauces to your meal such as Cream Sauce, Barbecue Sauce, Olive Oil Sauce, Peanut Sauce, or the new in house Mole Sauce.
- More from the egg league; Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter
- Burritos; Yummy Mexican Style Tricolor Quinoa Veggie Burrito Recipe
- Hamantaschen; Gluten-Free Hamantaschen Recipe Almond Flour
- Pizza; Garlic Chicken Spinach Pizza Recipe
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.