Think candies are simply overhyped? This Enstrom Almond Toffee will prove you wrong! These candies are nutty and flavorful. The milk chocolate and almonds also lend an irresistible punch to this toffee.
Take just one small bite and you’ll exclaim “Yippee!”
Let’s make this recipe!
Enstrom Almond Tofee
- Digital or candy thermometer
- Heavy pot
- Half sheet/cookie sheet with a rim
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ lb milk chocolate
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 lb raw shelled almonds
- 4 sticks sweet (unsalted) butter
- Combine the sugar and water and heat to 235°F (113°C).
- Add 1 stick of butter and stir until melted.
- Add the remaining sticks of butter and stir them until they melt. Note: If the temperature drops below 235°F (113°C). Allow it to rise again before adding another stick of butter.
- Add half of the almonds slowly.
- Stir the mixture occasionally and heat to 290°F(143°C).
- Pour the mixture into half a sheet. Before that, place the sheet on a cooling rack.
- Add the liquid toffee first. Once you do it will spread out by itself. Once the nuts start coming out, pour them evenly over the toffee.
- Chop the remaining almonds. Make sure it has a lot of almond powder and small pieces of almond.
- In a microwave, melt half of the chocolate for 2 minutes. (The remaining half will be used for topping later)
- Spread the chocolate over one side of the toffee.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped nuts onto the chocolate.
- Set toffee aside to ensure chocolate cools.
- Once cool, heat the remaining chocolate. Spread on the toffee. Also, sprinkle the remaining almonds. (During this stage, if toffee is too cool, the chocolate won't stick well. So allow it to come back to room temperature before adding the other half of the chocolate.
- Allow cooling again. Break into desired pieces.
What kind of butter should I use?
The butter is an integral part of this recipe. Thus, ensure that you use one of high quality. Moreover, using cheap butter will only ruin things. Also, butter has different amounts of water in them and cheap butter has even more water in them. This may ruin the texture of your toffee.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
Any milk chocolate works for this recipe. However, Dove and Hershey are my favorites. Also, if you want to use dark chocolates, you can but I do not recommend them especially if you want to get a rich taste from the toffee.
How can I store my Enstrom almond toffee?
You can keep them in a refrigerator or a fridge. Besides, frozen toffee tastes great!
How do I know if my toffee has gone bad?
If your candy appears sticky or develops a grainy texture, then it has most likely gone bad.
Health benefits of candy
Candy can refer to any confection that is made mainly of sugar. Toffee is a type of hard candy that softens when sucked or chewed.
According to studies, eating small amounts of chocolate regularly can help improve cognitive function. These include memory, attention, and focus.
More so, toffee includes carbohydrates and can provide you with the energy you need on busy days.
Eating sweets produces endorphins, which help to soothe one’s mood. Also, helps you feel relaxed, calm, and comfortable in any situation.
Reduces risk of heart disease
Toffee contains a good amount of chocolate. According to this research,
consuming chocolate lowers the risk of developing heart disease.
Tips for making the perfect enstom almond toffee
- Don’t let the thermometer rest on the bottom of the pan. It may give you a false temperature. Also, it may affect the texture of the toffee.
- In addition, make sure you use quality butter. Failure to do this may result in your toffee having uneven color.
- When adding the other half of the chocolate at the final stage, make sure you allow the cooled toffee to come back to room temperature. If not, the chocolate will not stick well.
- Calories: 220Kcal
- Total fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Sugar: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 39.9mg
- Carbs: 8g
- Net carbs: 8g
- Iron: 0.7mg
These almond recipes will sweep you off your feet
- This Mocha almond fudge ice-cream is my favorite.
- Roll up your sleeve and serve yourself this mouth-watering delight: Macau almond cookie.
- If you like to start your day with coffee or tea, you will surely like this perfectly creamy, almond creamer.
- The almond flan is easy to make. Also, it tastes amazing and requires only a few ingredients.
- Crunchy and super-delicious Almond roca cake.
- Do you like the smeell of hot pretzel? Then this Almond pretzel will delight you.
- This IKEA almond cake is one helluva cake that you can eat without feeling guilty. It contains healthy ingredients.