Fever-Tree Ginger Beer is an exquisite drink that is made to bless your palettes. With every sip, it gives a very fresh taste of ginger and is not overly sweet. The fiery taste of this Ginger Beer is developed by using three types of ginger from three different parts of the world; India, Nigeria, and the Ivory Coast. All three are responsible for adding distinctive characteristics to the drink. Such as:
- Indian Ginger gives the drink a very warm and spicy flavor.
- Ivory Coast Ginger gives a fresh characteristic much like that of Lemongrass.
- Nigerian Ginger gives it a very intense flavor.
There is nothing better than a glass of Ginger Beer at the end of your meal. You just want something light to drink and cleanse your palette with before you doze off. You may not be aware of the fact that you can make your own Ginger Beer at home that is much similar in taste to Fever-Tree Ginger Beer. It may take some time, but it is worth the wait.
Fever-Tree Ginger Beer Recipe
- ¾ cup Sugar.
- ¼ pound Ginger.
- ¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast .
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon juice.
- 2 liter Soda bottle.
- 2 quarts Water.
Now that we have lined our ingredients, let's get on with making this recipe. These are the steps that you need to follow in order to make this recipe:
- Take your Ginger and wash it thoroughly so that all dirt is removed properly. Without removing the skin, grate the Ginger or you may put it in a food processor if you have one.
- Process until you get a Ginger puree.
- Take a mesh sieve and place the pureed Ginger on it and press down with a wooden spoon or a spatula to remove the juices well.
- Repeat the process until you get all the juice out.
- Now get your Beer Growler and add 3-4 tbsp of fresh Sugar, Ginger Juice, Yeast and, Lemon juice.
- Mix all these together and add water to the Growler. Remember to leave at least 2 inches of space at the top.
- Seal the Growler tightly and shake it to make sure everything is mixed together well.
- Once done, place your Beer Growler in a dark and warm area at Room temperature for about 48 hours.
- Make sure the resting time does not increase or decrease. Place the Growler straight in the refrigerator.
- Once it cools, it is ready to serve, drink and enjoy.
- We recommend serving your Fever Tree Ginger Beer taste-alike with ice or mixed in with a cocktail.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some of the tips to make the recipe more interesting;
- Sterilization is a very important step when it comes to brewing your beer at home. You must make sure that the ingredients that need washing are washed properly, the utensils must be clean, to avoid any kind of interference during the brewing process.
- As mentioned above, you must keep the Beer Growler at room temperature in a dark place. This helps with the brewing process as well.
- The time should not increase more than 48 hours and shouldn’t be less than 48 hours either.
- Make sure to check the expiry on your Yeast. Expired or faulty Yeast can spoil your Beer.
Here is an add-on recipe for you of “classic ginger mule,” which is apparently the best recipe you can make using Fever-Tree Ginger Beer. Let’s check it out.
Classic Ginger Mule Recipe
- 4 ounces Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1/2 ounces Fresh Lime
- Get a tall glass or a deep circular glass and add to it a lot, literally a lot of ice. We recommend using copper glasses that you can find on Amazon easily but any glass would do.
- Next, add in your Vodka, Fresh Lime juice, and your Ginger Beer, slightly mix it with a spoon.
- Place a lemon wedge on the mouth of your glass and serve. Voila! Your Classic Ginger Mule drink is ready for you to savor.
Below are some mouth-watering recommendations for you to try out:
- Some more chilled drinks: Watermelon Smash, Incredible Hulk Drink, Refreshing Watermelon Mule
- Scrumptious desserts: Peanut Butter Pie Recipe, Almond Sweet Cream Pie Recipe, Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie recipe
- Savories: Yard House Lettuce wraps, Vegan Avocado Pasta
Share your feedback in the comments, how these recipes turned out for you. We’d love some feedback from our recipe lovers.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.