Firecracker salmon roll, a signature dish commonly found on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory, is both a worthy appetizer and also a formidable main dish. Conforming to its apt name, the firecracker salmon comes in small rolls but gives off a big bang of taste and flavor.
The unique taste of salmon coupled with a blend of other delightful ingredients makes this Firecracker salmon roll an interesting meal.
Firecracker salmon roll
- ½ pound salmon
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chile paste
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 14 sheet phyllo dough
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots
Dipping Sauce ingredients
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup sherry
- ½ tbsp Chile paste (to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Slice the salmon into thin strips, then heat 1teaspoon of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Fry onion, carrot, and spinach in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add salmon and cook until the salmon turns brownish and vegetables are crisp-tender, thereafter add and stir in chili paste.
- Mix white wine and cornstarch, then stir into salmon mixture. Cook uncovered while stirring occasionally until it thickens
- Heat oven. Cut a batch of phyllo sheets in half and cover with waxed paper to prevent them from drying out.
- Place one half-sheet of phyllo on a flat surface and brush with a small amount of vegetable oil, then top with a second half-sheet of phyllo.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the salmon mixture on the phyllo thereafter shape the mixture into a little log
- Roll up phyllo and salmon mixture and twist phyllo from each end to make the signature firecracker shape. Repeat this with the remainder of the phyllo and salmon mixture.
- Brush the firecrackers with remaining oil then bake for about 20 minutes, the firecracker comes out golden brown
- Prepare the dip by mixing sherry, garlic, soy sauce, and chili paste in a saucepan and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
Health Benefits of Firecrackers salmon roll
Omega-3 fatty acid: Salmon contains an essential fat called Omega-3 fats which, unlike most other fats, isn’t produced naturally in the body and must be gotten from meals. Also, scientific studies have shown that Omega-3 is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and improves the function of the cells in the body
Heart Health: Firecracker salmon roll is great for heart health. Also, Salmon contains a compound called astaxanthin. This compound is positively linked with reducing inflammation and protects against the build-up of fatty tissues in the arteries. This also reduces the chance of developing heart diseases.
Weight management: Firecracker salmon rolls, like other protein-rich foods, control the hormones that regulate human appetites, which are also responsible for making one feel full.
Is fried salmon healthy?
Yes, fried salmon is healthy. However, it loses about 50% of its important vitamins. On the other hand, baked salmon retains all its vitamin D. This is why oven-baking is considered a healthy way to cook fish.
Nutrition value: Firecrackers salmon roll
- Fat: 2.27g
- Saturated Fat: 0.485g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.748g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.784g
- Carbohydrates: 32.42g
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.94g
- Salt: 0.31g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Potassium: 221mg
- The spicy, flavorful taste of Costco Salmon Milano is one of my top favorites.
- Costco salmon burger is very easy to prepare and extremely delicious.
- This Chum salmon recipe is a delicacy worth trying.
- I love good salmon recipes! Even more, I love an EASY salmon recipe like Baked Copper River Salmon.
- If you have been wondering how to make Creamed Salmon Recipe, you really won’t believe how easy it is. Just 7 ingredients and you have to yourself; a royal meal.
- This Copper River Sockeye Salmon recipe is a delicious treat for a special family get-together, a table for two dinner, or a simple breakfast.
- Here is a simple Copper Chef Salmon Recipe to spice up your Saturday mornings
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.