Firecracker salmon roll, a signature dish commonly found on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory, is both a worthy appetizer and also a formidable main dish. Conforming to its apt name, the firecracker salmon comes in small rolls but gives off a big bang of taste and flavor.
The unique taste of salmon coupled with a blend of other delightful ingredients makes this Firecracker salmon roll an interesting meal.
Firecracker salmon roll
- ½ pound salmon
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chile paste
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 14 sheet phyllo dough
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots
Dipping Sauce ingredients
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup sherry
- ½ tbsp Chile paste (to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Slice the salmon into thin strips, then heat 1teaspoon of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Fry onion, carrot, and spinach in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add salmon and cook until the salmon turns brownish and vegetables are crisp-tender, thereafter add and stir in chili paste.
- Mix white wine and cornstarch, then stir into salmon mixture. Cook uncovered while stirring occasionally until it thickens
- Heat oven. Cut a batch of phyllo sheets in half and cover with waxed paper to prevent them from drying out.
- Place one half-sheet of phyllo on a flat surface and brush with a small amount of vegetable oil, then top with a second half-sheet of phyllo.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the salmon mixture on the phyllo thereafter shape the mixture into a little log
- Roll up phyllo and salmon mixture and twist phyllo from each end to make the signature firecracker shape. Repeat this with the remainder of the phyllo and salmon mixture.
- Brush the firecrackers with remaining oil then bake for about 20 minutes, the firecracker comes out golden brown
- Prepare the dip by mixing sherry, garlic, soy sauce, and chili paste in a saucepan and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
Health Benefits of Firecrackers salmon roll
Omega-3 fatty acid: Salmon contains an essential fat called Omega-3 fats which, unlike most other fats, isn’t produced naturally in the body and must be gotten from meals. Also, scientific studies have shown that Omega-3 is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and improves the function of the cells in the body
Heart Health: Firecracker salmon roll is great for heart health. Also, Salmon contains a compound called astaxanthin. This compound is positively linked with reducing inflammation and protects against the build-up of fatty tissues in the arteries. This also reduces the chance of developing heart diseases.
Weight management: Firecracker salmon rolls, like other protein-rich foods, control the hormones that regulate human appetites, which are also responsible for making one feel full.
Yes, fried salmon is healthy. However, it loses about 50% of its important vitamins. On the other hand, baked salmon retains all its vitamin D. This is why oven-baking is considered a healthy way to cook fish.
Nutrition value: Firecrackers salmon roll
- Fat: 2.27g
- Saturated Fat: 0.485g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.748g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.784g
- Carbohydrates: 32.42g
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.94g
- Salt: 0.31g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Potassium: 221mg
- The spicy, flavorful taste of Costco Salmon Milano is one of my top favorites.
- Costco salmon burger is very easy to prepare and extremely delicious.
- This Chum salmon recipe is a delicacy worth trying.
- I love good salmon recipes! Even more, I love an EASY salmon recipe like Baked Copper River Salmon.
- If you have been wondering how to make Creamed Salmon Recipe, you really won’t believe how easy it is. Just 7 ingredients and you have to yourself; a royal meal.
- This Copper River Sockeye Salmon recipe is a delicious treat for a special family get-together, a table for two dinner, or a simple breakfast.
- Here is a simple Copper Chef Salmon Recipe to spice up your Saturday mornings