This first watch kale tonic is nutritious and refreshing! It features cucumber, apples, lemon juice, and kale. Its distinctive green color coupled with its unique taste makes it a drink that’s both visually appealing and tasty.
Also, if you want to lose some weight in a fun and refreshing way, then this kale drink is your best bet.
First Watch Kale Tonic Recipe
- 2 Lemon Juice
- 2 bunches Organic Kale Blendid
- 2 Fuji Apples
- 1 large Cucumber
- 1 cup Water or Ice
- Blend two bunches of organic kale then Juice two lemons into it
- Add a blend of two Fuji apples into the mix
- Blend and add a large cucumber
- Add a cup of water, or ice depending on whether an ice-cold drink is desired
Tips for Enhancing Kale Tonic Recipe
Blend the kale properly: Making vegetable-based juice can be tricky sometimes. This is because the consistency of the leaves is quite different from that of fruits. Thus, if the blending isn’t done properly, it’s possible to have a stringy or chunky mixture. Also, this affects the overall enjoyability of the juice.
Don’t add too much or little kale: It is very easy to end up adding too much or too little kale into the mix especially if you are making it for the first time. The quantity of kale added easily affects the quality of the final drink. Thus, ensure you add the right quantity of kale. However, if you end up adding too much kale, simply add more apples and lemons to the mix.
Don’t over dilute with water: It’s a common error to over dilute the blended mix with water. Some do this while trying to avoid having a deep green drink. Also, others simply do this because they do not know the right amount of water to add. To be on the safer side, it is advisable to add water incrementally while tasting it until a perfect taste is achieved.
- Kale is sometimes called the “Queen of Greens” and is one of the most nutritious vegetables
- One cup of kale tonic contains 100% of the recommended daily amount of vitamins A and K.
- Also, Kale belongs to a family of vegetables called cruciferous plants, other members of the family are broccoli, cabbages, and collards.
- Kale contains more vitamin C than an orange does
First Watch is an American chain of casual dining restaurants. Also, all the restaurant locations are only open between 7 am to 2.30 because they serve breakfast, brunch, and lunch.
More so, the kale tonic is one of their signature juices and has also become one of their most popular offerings today.
More nutritious drinks
Here are a few alternative juices that also offer unique nutritional benefits and can be enjoyed as much as Kale tonic.
- Celery, ginger, and lemon juice
- Collard greens with lemon.
- Spinach leaves, apple, and cucumber juice.
Aid digestion: The Kale and apples present in Kale tonic help to aid digestion in the body because they contain compounds that are known to be quite beneficial to the digestive system.
Anti-inflammatory: Kale tonic contains a sufficient amount of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, C, K, and some amino acids. These nutrients help to reduce inflammation in the body system and promote general well-being.
Liver health: First watch kale tonic contains apples, lemons, and kale. These fruits help to detoxify the liver. It also helps to eliminate waste or pollutants from the body thus making the kale tonic super beneficial to the liver and excretory system.
Supports immune system: Kale tonic contains the recommended daily amount of vitamin C. Vitamin C contains antioxidants that help strengthen the immune system.
Weight loss: First Watch Kale tonic is very low in calories and has high water content. It also contains a sufficient amount of protein, all of which make it a super filling drink. Hence, it can be used as a healthy substitute for a large meal, thereby promoting weight loss.
Want more healthy kale recipes? Try these
- Try out this Bobby Flay Kale recipe. All you need to do is saute the kale and prepare a buttery, creamy sauce with chopped kale to give your salad a juicy, flavorful taste.
- This honor bar kale salad will change your mind about kale recipes.
- Impress your friends with this Barbuto Kale Salad.
- Get creative with Tavern Kale Salad.
- This central market’s kale cranberry pepita salad recipe is healthy and nutritious.
- Must-try cabbage and kale recipe.