Fresh spinach, butter, flour, and other readily available ingredients make this Flemings creamed spinach a hearty and wholesome meal. This creamed spinach is also healthy and delicious. Want a super delicacy? Then serve with steaks and seafood!
Flemings creamed spinach
- 10 ounce fresh spinach
- 6 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 2 cups whole milk
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat, then add flour and stir with the butter until the mix turns light golden after about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, bay leaf, and cloves to the mix and then gradually whisk in milk until the mixture boils and thickens
- Boil the spinach in a large pot of boiling water just until it gets tender and wilted, this would take about 3 minutes then drain well
- Allow the spinach to cool down and thereafter roll up the spinach in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can
- Finely chop the squeezed spinach and add it to the sauce then simmer and stir over low heat until the spinach mixes well with the sauce and is warm, thereafter add about 2 tablespoons of butter with salt and pepper
More about Flemings
Fleming’s prime steakhouse & wine bar or simply Flemings is an American restaurant chain that specializes in steak, wine, and American cuisine.
Boosts the immune system: Spinach contains a lot of minerals and vitamins which are great for the immune system and also promote general well-being. Moreover, these vitamins and minerals keep the body safe from threats against the immune system. They also get rid of toxins in the body
Eye health: Spinach contains carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin. These carotenoids lower the chances of having long-term eye issues. The presence of vitamin C also reduces the risk of developing cataracts.
Anti-inflammatory: Spinach is a rich source of anti-oxidants. These antioxidants also prevent cells damage caused by free radicals.
Faqs: Flemings creamed spinach
Is creamed spinach good for the body?: Yes, however, frequent consumption may pose some health risks due to the recipe’s creamy ingredients.
Can I get fat from eating creamed spinach?: No, Flemings creamed spinach is a low-calorie dish. Thus, it poses no significant risk of weight gain. The dish is quite filling and it is also great for portion control which may help control weight gain.
Is Flemings the only restaurant that serves creamed spinach?: Creamed spinach isn’t native to any restaurant and can also be gotten in other restaurants.
To fully enjoy the nutritional benefit of this recipe, ensure that you cook the spinach minimally and avoid excessive heat exposure.
Nutritional Value: Flemings creamed spinach
- Total Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Trans Fat:0.1g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Potassium: 924 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
- Sugars: 2.3g
- Protein: 6.1g
- This Chili’s spinach dip is my favorite. You only need 10 minutes to get it ready!
- The presence of spinach in this Chinese spinach noodles recipe gives the dish a brilliant color and a great nutrient boost.
- A family get-together can never go wrong with a perfect blend of fresh spinach, cheese, and milk. This chili white spinach queso recipe is also nutritious and pocket-friendly.
- This Cheddars spinach dip recipe is one-of-a-kind and is perfected after several trials.
- How about a Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe? Yummy!
- You will love this Lawry’s creamed spinach recipe.
- Try this Cheddar Santa Fe’s spinach dip recipe