What recipe comes to your mind when you have to celebrate some special occasion, be it someone’s birthday or a random get-together with special guests at your place? Of course, you want to impress them with your cooking skills, and at the same time, you want the best presentation. Desserts are always a lifesaver when it comes to presentation and making memories. So if you want to celebrate your kid’s birthday or serve a very tasty and eye-catchy dessert, Fox cake is the best choice!
So let’s delve into the ocean of taste without any further delay.
- 3 Large Eggs.
- 3 cups Carrots. thinly shredded
- 1½ cups Powdered Sugar.
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour.
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence.
- 1 cup Vegetable oil.
- ½ tsp Salt.
- 1 tsp Baking Soda.
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder.
- 1 cup Nuts. Coarsely grounded
- Take a bowl, add eggs along with sugar, mix well with a hand whisk or electric beater.
- Now gradually add vegetable oil and keep mixing until the oil is mixed well.
- Now add baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence and keep mixing.
- Now sift the all-purpose flour and gradually add to the batter and start folding it until it is well combined with the batter.
- In the end add the grated carrots along with coarsely grounded nuts and mix well.
- Preheat your oven for 20 minutes at 350°F or 180°C. Take a 9 inch round cake pan grease with oil and dust with flour so that you can easily take the cake out of the pan. Pour the batter in the pan and place in the oven for 50 minutes. After 50minutes, check the cake from the center with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean it means your cake is ready. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for at least 30 minutes to one hour.
Take black fondant and cut the shape of your nose and eyes. With white make ears.
Now it’s time to make the frosting
Take butter 200 grams and beat it until soft peaks are formed. Then add 1 cup icing sugar gradually and keep beating. Then add 1 tablespoon of milk and keep beating. Butter frosting is ready. Now divide the frosting into two equal portions. Keep half in white color and add orange copper color in the other half portion.
Add the small portions you took out into the piping bag to make flowers in the end.
Assembly and Final Touches
- Chef Knife.
- Sugar syrup.
- Piping bags.
- Oreo biscuits.
- Fondant and frosting.
- Fox face templates.
- Cut the cake in two equal slices with the help of a chef knife making sure the edges are finely cut. Then place one slice on the flat tray and pour sugar syrup evenly on the slice. In the next step apply a thin layer of frosting on the slice. Then place the second slice of the cake on the first one, after pouring sugar syrup evenly on the cake slice. After that, put a fox face template on the cake and place black fondant on the nose area and put an oreo biscuit on it. Finish the Fox look by making eyes with the same black fondant and then applying a layer of white fondant following the placement of small oreos as eyeballs and applying orange frosting as Fox’s fur. With the leftover frosting, make flowers on the top of the cake.
Always place the cakes in an airtight container to keep them fresh and put them in a cool and dry place. The cakes remain fresh for almost 1 week in a cool place.
Pro Tips About the Recipe
The baking soda cannot be substituted with baking powder because they are not exactly the same. To save your time, prepare the cake pan well before baking. Preheat the oven to get the cake baked well.
- Paula Deen Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- Kale Cake Recipe
- Almond pound cake
- Almond Roca Cake
- IKEA Almond Cake Recipe
- Almond pound cake
- Duncan Hines Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- Elvis Banana Peanut Butter Cake
Fox Cake has become a favorite dessert for many with its super soft and moist carrot cake base with a blend of fondant and buttercream icing along with scrumptious toppings. Its color combination is so appealing that one could not resist tasting it. A blend of different shades of orange color always gives an appearance that proves to be a sight for your eyes.