If you have a thing for crispy dishes, then you will love these fried spinach patties. It is crispy, tasty, tender, and filling. Feel free to get creative when making this recipe too, for instance, you could replace the feta cheese with parmesan cheese. Also, if you want a thicker texture, replace the vegetable oil with butter or avocado oil.
Whether you want to have this spinach patty as a dessert or pair it with a main dish, you are guaranteed a swell time.
Fried Spinach Patties Recipe
- 17 ounce Spinach
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 small eggs
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 2 cups water
- 2 lemon fruits
- 4 ounce feta cheese
- 7 cloves minced garlic
- Set a pasta pot to high heat and pour some water. Add the spinach. Steam the spinach for a few minutes until it becomes dehydrated. Drain the spinach and allow it to cool.
- Transfer the dehydrated spinach to a food processor. Process the spinach until finely ground. Then pour the processed spinach into a small bowl.
- In the same bowl that contains the processed spinach, add the eggs, lemon juice from lemon fruit, matzo meal, and feta cheese. Also, add some ground black pepper, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt. Mix the ingredients well.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan set to medium heat.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop two tablespoonfuls of spinach mixture into the hot vegetable oil, one after the other. These spinach mixtures form the patties.
- Fry the spinach patties for some minutes and flip each side of the pattie once you notice it turns golden.
- Transfer the delicious fried spinach patties to a cooling rack. Serve with a tasty sauce or any side dish of your choice.
What can I serve with fried spinach patties?
Garlic dip: Garlic dip is a white, creamy sauce prepared with Ingredients like garlic cloves, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and chives.
Crusty bread: One of the best ways to serve a plate of spinach patties is to pair it with some slices of crusty bread. You can prepare crusty bread easily at home by baking it in a dutch oven.
Bulgur wheat: Bulgur wheat and spinach patties are inseparable buddies. This wheat is a cereal meal prepared from durum wheat or a mixture of several wheat species.
FAQs: Fried spinach patties
First, heat some olive oil in a saucepan set to medium heat. Add the minced garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Also, cook the ingredients for a few minutes.
Then pour the spinach patties into the boiled ingredients and cook for five minutes
If you want the perfect spinach patties, then you need to make use of a pasta pot. This is important because other pots may not steam your spinach perfectly.
Yes, they can! However, the chicken broth needs to be replaced with a vegetable broth.
More Spinach Recipes
- This Chili’s spinach dip is my favorite. You only need 10 minutes to get it ready!
- The presence of spinach in this Chinese spinach noodles recipe gives the dish a brilliant color and a great nutrient boost.
- A family get-together can never go wrong with a perfect blend of fresh spinach, cheese, and milk. This chili white spinach queso recipe is nutritious and pocket-friendly.
- This Cheddars spinach dip recipe is one-of-a-kind and is perfected after several trials.
- How about a Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe? Yummy!
- You will love this Lawry’s creamed spinach recipe.
- Try this Cheddar Santa Fe’s spinach dip recipe
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.