Teriyaki is a Japanese word, which stands for the cooking method that involves making a shiny sauce to drizzle over the food. This sauce is made using the simplest ingredients; soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. It is widely used in making various kinds of dishes. And our today’s special recipe is dedicated to our friends who are on a gluten-free regime and looking to make teriyaki sauce at home.
It takes mixing and cooking mirin, sugar, and soy sauce, till it becomes a thick condiment, which is mostly used to marinate chicken or meat. Teriyaki sauce adds a zesty flavor to the dishes.
Fun Fact: All the dishes that are cooked using Teriyaki sauce features its name in the dish. For instance, Roasted Teriyaki Chicken, Teriyaki Pepper Steak, Teriyaki Salmon, etc.
Teriyaki sauce’s gluten-free version is super simple to make at home. Let’s get on with the recipe without any further delays.
Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Let's look at the ingredients required:
- 1 cup Gluten-free Soy Sauce.
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice.
- ½ cup Brown Sugar. firmly packed
- 1 tsp Garlic powder.
TIP: Gather all the ingredients you need in one place to avoid overcooking the sauce while searching for the ingredients.
- Get a mason jar and add gluten-free soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
- Close the jar, and shake until the sugar is dissolved.
- Voila! Your Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce is ready to be used.
Wasn't this the easiest recipe on the planet? We bet it is.
- The sauce isn’t thick when you make it. If you like a thicker version, you may cook it on low heat to get a thick texture and store in a jar with a lid
- If you don’t like brown sugar, you can always replace it with maple syrup or honey
- When serving it as a dipping sauce, we recommend you add in some sesame seeds and garlic to enhance the flavor
How to Use Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce?
Having Teriyaki sauce in your fridge can be a huge favor that you can do to yourself. You can add it to numerous food items and even serve it as a side with several dishes.
You can use Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce in the following ways:
- Teriyaki sauce is best for marinating chicken, meat, fish etc. This sauce makes sure that your dish is succulent and juicy. The sauce also helps to develop a nice skin/char
- You can add it to your rice as well. It certainly adds more flavor to the rice
- Can be added when stir frying veggies to add a shine and much needed flavor
- Used as a dipping sauce for many foods such as dumplings, ribs etc
Following are some mouth-watering recommendations that you try out:
- You may use your Teriyaki Sauce in: Salmon Patties, Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach Recipe, Chicken and Spinach Manicotti recipe, Chicken Feta Spinach Sausage recipe
- Delicious Salmon Recipes: Salmon Manure Recipes, Teriyaki Smoked Salmon Recipe, Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon, The Chew Salmon Recipe
Since the holiday season has started, we recommend you make a decent batch of this Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce and store it. Do try and let us know how it turned out for you.