The Asian Staple Food; The Golden Noodle
Who cares where the first noodle meal was born? Just thank God for it.
Rumor has it that noodles are from Italy, but research has shown that China was the place noodles originated from. It has been adapted as a staple food by most Asian countries. These days we find a wide range of noodles to choose from. They vary according to the flour type used: millet, soy-flour, all-purpose wheat flour, buckwheat flour, or even sweet potato flour.
We can find egg noodles and eggless noodles depending on our eating preferences. Also, they came in multiple shapes and sized with various colors and types, such as fresh, dried, non-fried, and fried cup noodles and extruded instant and stick noodles.
Golden noodle has their name due to the strong yellowish and beautiful golden color. It is achieved by adding eggs in bread flour with a pinch of salt. The egg combines with flour to create a bright and appealing color of the unleavened dough, then rolled, flattened, and cut.
The early versions were made by hand-pulling or cutting with a knife precisely to get those strings or long strips. Nowadays, our machines do the job for us. You simply insert smoothened-out flattened dough into a machine that cuts it into fine, equally sized, thin, and long strips.
This caption perfectly fits in, as nothing can go wrong with noodles. The ease of preparation and the minimal time requirement makes this dish universally loved. There are so many ways of enjoying this instant meal as it can be boiled and stir-fried. It goes with sautéed vegetables or cooked meat. I love soupy noodles, but you can serve it dry with some meatballs and a boiled egg by the side.
Around the world, golden noodles are the highlight of soups, salads, and spring rolls. So it won’t be surprising if you find flatbread stuffed with noodles.
Golden Noodle with Chicken is an ideal quick brunch recipe.
- Firstly, you will fry the shallots and keep them aside.
- Prepare the soup by adding chicken pieces with some oil and stir-frying.
- Remove the fried chicken and add a few cloves of garlic, salt, and freshly ground pepper to the same pot. Just wait for the gloves to turn golden brown.
- It’s time to add back the chicken along with some leafy herbs of your choice, like cilantro or basil. Next, pour in some canned chicken stock and let it simmer on medium-low flame until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Grab your favorite pack of Golden Noodle and add it to a pot of boiling water with salt to taste. Strain out the water after 12 minutes.
- Finally, present your platter with steaming hot noodles and soup pouredout on top. Garnished with fried shallots and grounded pepper.
Tired of thinking about what to cook today? Just grab a pack of your favorite Golden Noodle brand. There are so many brands to choose from, such as:
- OMACHI Golden Noodles
- Ramen Noodles- Maruchan Gold
- Bowl and Basket
- Golden World Food Company Chinese Noodles
- Instant Maggi Noodles
- Indomie Instant soup Noodles
- Longevity Noodles
- Barilla Noodles
Noodles are your best friends when you’re in a lazy mood. Just pop open a pack of your favorite Golden Noodle and add to boiling water with a dash of salt. Add any seasoning for flavor and that’s it. You have a bowl of sizzling noodles to enjoy while watching your Netflix series. So it’s a no-hassle pure fun instant magic.
If you want to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal in moments, pour out hot water in the cup of noodles and cover to see the 2 minutes instant magic.
Noodles fit perfectly in any cuisine so don’t think twice prepare the vibrant golden spicedThai noodles. Try golden noodles with Asian pork, or just slurp your golden noodle soup on a cold winter’s night. Try your cultural take on noodles, and you will not regret choosing them.
After all, no one hates noodles!
- Angostura Bitters Substitute
- Lavender Liqueur
- Substitute for bay leaf
- Porridge vs. Oatmeal
- Tahini Substitute
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.