Green beans aren’t everyone’s go-to beans for recipes, that’s because recipes usually use boiled green beans. Boiled beans are bland, chewy, and add little to no flavor to a recipe. If you have these misgivings then clear your mind! Today’s green bean cranberry almond recipe will have roasted green beans, giving off earthy flavors, impeccable texture, and vibrant color!
We’ll also add toasted almonds and cranberries, providing balancing flavors and texture to the meal. Let’s get cooking!
Roasted Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Cranberry Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup black olives, seedless
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Set oven rack in the middle
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil
- Rinse the green beans thoroughly and place them on the tray
- Season the greens with salt, pepper, oil, garlic, and sugar
- Place the tray into the oven and let the green beans roast for 15 minutes
- Stir the beans after 6 minutes with a spatula for better roasting
- Once the beans appear tender, browned, and shriveled remove them from the oven
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium to high heat
- Add the almonds to the skillet and stir till golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes
- Let the almonds cool over a dry cutting board
- Once cool, roughly chop the almonds into bits
- Place the cranberries in a small heat-proof bowl and completely submerge the berries in boiling water
- The cranberries will start to hydrate after 10 minutes drain them
- Put the roasted green beans, cranberries, and toasted almonds into a large bowl
- Add any seasoning for extra taste and give it all a good toss
- For extra garnish, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and olives
Tips for this recipe
- You can add the dried cranberries to the almond skillet and toast them together
- Walnuts can be substituted instead of almonds
- If you don’t have an oven, saute the green beans, almonds, and cranberries together in a skillet, proceed with the seasonings
- This meal can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 15 to 18 days
- You can prepare this recipe several days ahead
You’ve made a lovely and vibrant serving of Green Bean Cranberry and Almond! Green Beans have a high Vitamin K and Calcium content, thereby keeping our bones and teeth healthy. They’re full of antioxidants and Vitamin C and keep our body functioning at an optimum.
This green bean cranberry almond recipe is a must-have on your holiday dinner table. It complements the centerpiece and holiday spirits.
Recipes to Pair With
The Green Bean Cranberry Almond makes for a great side dish with a grand centerpiece like the Whole Poached Salmon. For an easier approach to salmon, make the Wild White King Salmon, it adds a regal flair to dinner. Another eye-catching centerpiece would be the Instant Pot Whole Chicken, the green beans will certainly complement this dish.
If you want to throw a homecoming dinner for a friend, then Candied Beats with green beans, cranberry and almonds is the best way to go. Roasted green beans with Steak and Kale pair well and are a real people pleaser!
A Mashed Potato side dish always goes well with green beans and cranberry. A soup with Wild Spinach and a bowl of green beans and cranberry makes a healthy and tasty meal. A savory and crunchy Spinach Quiche is always the star, pair it with green beans and you have a superstar!
Psst, wanna try more recipes?
It’s the healthy way or the highway, so you shouldn’t compromise on your health, but that doesn’t mean you have to forgo all the delicacies in life. Have a go at healthy cooking with these mouthwatering yet nutritious recipes:
- Cranberry and Kale might be a salad, but it tastes out of this world
- Let your hair loose and sip on the Almond Joy Drink
- The Almond Joy Martini Cocktail packs a stronger punch with a dash of rum
- The delectable, creamy almond cakes sound absolutely heavenly
So, if you give this recipe or any other one of our recipes a try, don’t forget to leave a comment regarding how the recipe turned out. Happy cooking!