Are your friends coming over for game night? If so then you better get a dip ready and what can be better than a classic spinach dip, it’s perfect! It’s a beloved game-day dip, enjoyed with chips, tortillas, and your favorite football team’s match. If you’re ever worried about what to serve along with other main dishes, always make the Green Mill Spinach Dip recipe, it’s a crowd-pleaser and your guests will leave satisfied and happy.
Let’s get started!
Green Mill Spinach Dip Recipe
- 2 cups light mayonnaise
- 1 lbs baby spinach leaves
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 8 oz water chestnuts
- 1 cup vegetable broth
For the Vegetable Broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 rosemary
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 10 cups filtered water
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
For the vegetable broth
- Heat oil, onion, garlic, and celery in a large pot over medium heat
- Add half of salt and pepper, stir to saute the ingredients, for 5 minutes or till browned
- Add water, greens, rosemary, thyme, and the rest of the salt and pepper
- Cook at high heat till the mixture comes to a boil
- Once it is boiling add the tomato paste and continue to stir
- Cook for 30 minutes, let the flavor build
- Taste once it's cooked and adjust the seasoning, add herbs of choice
- Pour into a heat-proof container and set aside
For the spinach dip
- Properly rinse the spinach leaves under running water
- Place the spinach on a cutting board and roughly chop
- Place the chopped spinach into a large bowl and add mayonnaise, cream, garlic, and broth
- Whisk all the ingredients together till smooth
- Add seasoning and taste, adjust spices according to preference
- Garnish with water chestnuts, and if you want a creamy dip, add the cheeses and place into the microwave 10 minutes before serving
- Once the cheese has melted, take it out of the oven and serve
Tips for this recipe
- You can substitute packaged soup mix instead of vegetable broth made from scratch
- If you want a cool dip, do not add cheese and serve with just the chestnut garnish
- The vegetable broth can be frozen for a month and refrigerated for 5 days
Congrats, you’ve made a creamy and spicy Green Mill Spinach Dip recipe. Enjoy this tasty condiment with crackers, tortillas, chips, raw veggies and even wraps! The dip is super easy to make and takes very little time to prepare. You can make the dip several days ahead of serving and it’ll taste just as great!
Enjoy your dip with these recipes…
Brown Rice Crackers add texture and fiber to the Green Mill’s Spinach Dip, while brown rice crispies add a slightly sweet crunchiness to the palate. Enjoy Caribbean Salmon Balls and dip them in creamy spinach dip. For a quick and easy lunch dip your Chilli’s Lettuce Wrap in the Green Mill’s Spinach Dip and enjoy your lunch break!
It’s Raining Dips!
Dips are quintessential in adding a heightened level of flavor, and having a dip on the dinner table shows the effort the host has made. Certain food on the dinner table tastes better with a dip to complement its flavors and textures. Try these popular dips:
- The Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Bread Ring Dip screams game-day snacks, and it’s a no-mistake dip
- Add a bit of Asiago Cheese and whip up the Asiago Creamy Spinach Dip
- Enjoy the famous Buffalo Wild Wings Spinach Dip with your spicy wings
- Try the delectable Carolina Ale House Spinach Dip Recipe, you won’t be able to resist it!
- Cheddar’s Spinach Dip is healthy, creamy, and cheesy; what more could one want?
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.