Griller Squash is a hybrid Zucchini that is perfect for slicing and grilling. It is an egg-shaped fruit, and it can grow up to 5” long. Griller Squash is a type of Zucchini Squash that is specifically made to grill. They are heavier and bigger than any other type of Squash.
Griller Squash can be grilled as veggie steaks, wedges on skewers, or squash fries. Squash are thick meaty fruits. You can cook them on the grill, sauté or steam them. In addition, Griller Squash is nutrition-packed and comprises many health benefits!
Griller Squash is an excellent addition to your menu, and the best thing about this tempting fruit is that it is a wholesome dish in itself, whereas it can also be served as a side dish or appetizer with sauces.
How To Grill Squash?
While grilling squash on the griller is not a problem and you can directly do it; here are tips to ease up the grilling process and to enhance squash’s flavor:
- Always preheat the griller at medium heat
- Cut the squash diagonally or in planks; they should be ¾-inch thick
- Toss the squash with olive oil and seasoning for serving. You can also add spices as per your preference.
- Grill each side of the squash for 4-6 minutes- until they become tender.
How to Cut Squash for Grilling?
There are some different yet easy ways to cut or slice squash for grilling. Here they are;
- Rounds: You can easily slice squash in rounds. Cut them into ½ thin rounds
- Planks: You can also cut squash widthwise into long planks. It is considered a good and common way to slice squash and is super easy to grill as well
- Diagonally: Diagonal might seem a similar shape to round but cutting the squash diagonally seems more presentation friendly and adds some more fun to it
Let’s check out a tempting and easy grilled squash recipe. In this recipe, we will be using butternut squash as winters are just around the corner, and butternut being a winter squash is a perfect choice. However, you can use any squash depending on your preference and season’s availability!
This easy grilled squash will go perfectly with grilled chicken and steak. So let’s dig into the recipe quickly:
Grilled Squash Recipe!
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil.
- ¼ tbsp Salt.
- 3 Cloves Garlic. (minced)
- ¼ tbsp Pepper.
- 1 Butternut Squash-peeled and cut into slices.
- In a bowl, add oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic cloves. Mix all the ingredients.
- Now, take the sliced butternut squash and brush the ingredients onto them.
- On medium heat, grill the squash. Grill each side for 4-5 minutes or until they become tender.
Optional: You can always add or adjust spices as per your taste preference- such as you can also add chili powder, oregano, etc., any spice of your choice to flavor up your grilled squash!
How to Select a Perfect Squash for Grilling?
While choosing a squash for grilling, go for a heavier one, which has a rich color and is clear of any blemishes or bruises. Also, there is a squash for different seasons; summer squash can be used for zucchini, pattypan, and crookneck. They have bright colors and are best when still small. As for the winter squash; butternut, turban, spaghetti, and hubbard squash are preferable with a deep color and hard skin. So always choose the squash accordingly; go for heavier, bigger, and brighter ones!
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Duncan Hines Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- Paula Deen Salmon Loaf Recipe
- Passover Salmon Recipe
- Mediterranean Crusted Salmon
- Salmon Patty
- Irish cooked Salmon.
Hope you find the article informative and interesting! Do give us your feedback in the comments section below.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.