Gwyneth Paltrow is a household name and not knowing who she is is a social disaster at this point. She’s an Oscar-Emmy-Globe, and Grammy-winning actress. But in recent years she has been gaining notoriety for her wellness and lifestyle company Goop. In addition to giving advice, she has also released cookbooks, all containing recipes based on healthy living. Her most well-loved recipe is the Gwyneth Paltrow brown rice and kale recipe, which we will be looking at today.
Gwyneth’s cookbook doesn’t specify how to cook brown rice so we’ll be adding those in our method as well. It’s cooking time!
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Kale Fried Rice Recipe
For the brown rice
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 6 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
For kale fried brown rice
- 1/2 bunch kale, destemmed
- 2.5 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp soy sauce
For the Brown Rice
- Boil the 6 cups of water in a large pot over medium to high heat
- Meanwhile, rinse the brown rice to remove any impurities and drain
- Add the to the boiling water and adjust the flame
- Add any choice of seasonings for extra flavor
- Let the pot boil, uncovered for 30 minutes
- Turn off the stove and drain the remaining water
- Place the cooked rice back into the pot, no heat
For the Kale Fried Rice
- Rinse the kale leaves under running water and place them on a cutting board
- Cut the leaves in halves lengthwise and then thinly slice them crossways, you will end up with ribbons or chiffonade cut
- Fill up a steamer with a couple of inches of water and place it on medium heat
- Place the kale into the steamer basket and then place the basket over the boiling water
- Add a pinch of salt, cover the steamer and let it steam for 5 minutes
- Toss the kale at 3minutes to ensure even cooking
- Once the kale starts to look wilted, turn off the flame and place the kale in a bowl
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add the garlic, and stir till fragrant
- Add kale and scallions while stirring for 2 minutes
- Add the rice while breaking up clumps for another 2 minutes
- Add soy sauce and cook for 30 seconds more
- Turn off the flame and plate it up
Tips for this recipe
- Prepare your rice overnight to save up on time
- The smaller the kale is cut, the more it looks in proportion to the rice
- This meal can be stored for 5 days in the fridge
- For a simple yet wholesome meal, top this off with a runny fried egg and enjoy the flavors
And that’s it, the Gwyneth Paltrow Brown Rice and Kale recipe is ready! Her kids also like to call it Green Rice. This recipe is extremely easy and fun to make as it has no meticulous steps. All you need are brown rice, kale, and scallions and you’re good to go!
Who is she?
She’s Gwyneth Paltrow, the 48-year old health and lifestyle mogul, daughter of famous parents Blythe Danner and Bruce Paltrow, and goddaughter of the legendary Steven Spielberg. If that’s nothing, she even was Maid of Honor at Madonna’s wedding!
She debuted in the 1991 film Shout and would go on to win the Academy Award in 1999 for her work in Shakespeare in Love. She has since become a recurring cast member of the Marvel franchise as Pepper Potts.
Try these recipes as well…
For a creamy and spicy recipe, try the delicious and simple Bobby Flay Kale Recipe. Put your limp kale to good use with the Wilted Kale Recipe. Make the eye-opening Tavern Kale Recipe with parmesan and currants. Keep it simple and easy with the Cabbage and Kale Recipe, whereas Steak and Kale make wonderful and tasty combinations.
Brown Rice is extremely nutritious and good for the diet, enjoy it as hot and soupy Brown Rice Ramen. For more healthy carbs make the Brown Rice Pasta with Broccoli and Kale, and balance out the greens. Make Brown Rice with Quinoa Pilaf for a light and fresh snack.