Ring the bell, it’s salmon time! We’re back again with yet another salmon recipe. It’s a very simple recipe, so even if you’re a beginner in the kitchen, don’t worry you’ve got this. Just keep your eye on the pan. In this Hello Fresh salmon recipe, we’ll be pan-searing our salmon and serving them along with crispy roasted wedges and lemon zucchini for that punch of acidity.
Get your salmon fillets and let’s begin!
Hello Fresh Salmon Recipe
- 10 oz salmon fillets, skin on
- 12 oz Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 oz chives
- 1 large lemon
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable stock concentrate
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Properly wash and dry all fresh produce and place them on a cutting board
- Cut the potatoes into ½ -inch thick wedges
- Mince the chives
- Trim the zucchini and cut it into halves lengthwise
- Cut the lemon into quarters and zest it
- Place the potatoes on the sheet, drizzle a bit of oil, and season with salt and pepper
- Place the tray in the ovens top rack and let the potatoes roast for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add the zucchini and toss it along with salt, pepper, olive oil
- Once the potatoes have spent 10 minutes in the oven, take the tray out of the oven and add the zucchini to the tray as well
- Place the potato and zucchini tray back into the oven’s second rack
- Let the veggies roast for 12 to 15 minutes or till the wedges have turned golden brown and the zucchini is slightly brown, remove from the oven
- Place the roasted zucchini in a bowl and toss it with lemon zest
- Place your salmon fillets on a flat surface and pat them dry with a paper towel
- Season the fillet with salt and pepper by patting them onto the surface with your hands
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of both butter and olive oil over medium to high heat
- Place the salmon in the skillet, skin down and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is crisp and fish is opaque
- Flip the fillet and cook for another 2 minutes, once fully cooked remove from flame, and set the salmon aside
- Place the same pan back to medium heat and pour the vegetable stock
- Add half of the mustard, half of the lemon juice, and ¼ cup of water
- Let the mixture simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or till it thickens
- Turn off the flame and stir the sour cream, half of the chives, 1 tablespoon butter, salt and pepper
- Mix the sauce to a creamy consistency
- Plate the wedges, zucchini, and salmon fillets pour the creamy chive sauce over the fillets, and garnish with leftover chives
Tips for this recipe
- You can bake or grill your salmon for this recipe as well
- The zucchini and potato wedges can be enjoyed on their own as healthy snacks
- The chive cream can be eaten with other meals like salad and quinoa
- The components have to be stored separately in the fridge
- The cream lasts 3 days, the zucchini and wedges 4 days, and the salmon 5 days in the fridge
And it’s ready! A truly wonderful dish, all your senses will appreciate this delicacy. It tastes fantastic, it smells divine, and looks like something out of a french cookbook. The textures complement one another and you’ll hear yourself say “another serving!”
It’s also important to mention that salmon is one of the healthiest meats on the planet. You can’t get any better than salmon.
Here are some recipes you’ll love
Salmon goes well with several side dishes, have a look at these:
- Kale Bread will add fiber and balance to the palate
- Add healthy greens by having a Parmesan and Kale Salad
- Have a lovely Irish liqueur with the Almond Baileys
Make use of the leftovers in your fridge and make a tasty Chicken and Spinach Manicotti. Make use of a good catch and enjoy Tilapia and Quinoa.
The Chew Salmon goes well with rice or salad, so does the Lemon Smoked Salmon. For a strong and intense seasoning, whip up the Thai Basil Salmon and the Traeger Salmon Shake Recipe.
Make sure to give this Hello Fresh salmon recipe a try and let us know how it turned out.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.