The popularity of kale continues to grow not only in the US but all over the world. It has taken the world of healthy eating by storm and is being used in various kinds of dishes. Everyone is including kale in thier vegetarian and vegan diets. It’s also a favorite for those watching their weight and trying to shed a few pounds. Today we’ll be making the Hillstone Kale Salad Recipe.
Hillstone Kale Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2.5 cups curly kale, chopped (bite-sized pieces)
- 1.5 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 10 mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing together in a jar and shake until blended
- Place the kale, cabbage, mint, cilantro, and chopped peanuts in a bowl and toss well with the dressing
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend
- Sprinkle the whole dry roasted peanuts and parmesan cheese just before serving
The Hillstone kale salad recipe is a simple dish to make. If you want it to be more filling, you can add chicken or any meat of your preference.
Why you should try out this recipe
Salads are usually not the first dish to come to mind when you want to eat something, especially at a restaurant. However, this salad is hands down the best salad you can opt for. It’s so good that people often substitute it for fries as a side and these aren’t people who are looking for healthier options.
The bitterness of the kale infuses with the mint and mustard flavors giving it an exotic taste that my palate has loved since the first bite. Since Hillstone does not put out their recipe publicly, this is the closest I have gotten to recreating this salad.
So, if you’re craving a salad and can’t make your way to a Hillstone Restaurant, you have got to try it out.
Looking at the nutritional benefits of this salad…
This salad gives you a boost of vitamins and minerals and all things good. Kale is considered to be one of the superfoods due to its dense nutrient content. It’s a rich source of vitamins such as A, K, C, B6, Manganese, potassium, copper, and magnesium.
Additionally, it also has a sizable portion of omega-3 fatty acids that are extremely essential for the body.
Including kale in your diet helps you keep your cholesterol in check as well as reducing the risk of heart disease. It’s also rich in antioxidants, thus reducing the risk of cancers and type-2 diabetes.
Salad Recipes to Try Out
If you love salads and are on the lookout for new yummy recipes, I have got multiple options for you lined up here. I have listed below some of my favorite salads that are now a frequent meal. Quite a few of these also use healthy portions of kale:
- The Whole Foods Orzo Spinach Salad – satisfy your pasta cravings without the guilt with this extremely healthy salad.
- Whip up the famous salad at home and satiate yourself on these yummy superfoods with the Whole Foods Black Beans and Quinoa Salad
- The Whole Foods Salmon Salad – the perfect recipe for seafood lovers, break the monotony of leafy salads with this scrumptious recipe.
- Whole Foods Kale and Cranberry Salad – health and deliciousness in one meal? This recipe is the sure winner.
- Zoe’s Quinoa Salad – bring the taste of the Mediterranean at home with one of my favorite meals at Zoe’s.
- The Wilted Kale Salad – have stale kale that will probably go bad? Salvage it with this delicious salad and have your fill!
- Applebee’s Spinach and Shrimp Salad – another seafood favorite. Savor your favorite shrimp with healthy salad portions and call it a meal.
- Copper River Salmon with Beans Salad – want to spice up your salmon dishes? Change the game with this salad recipe – a healthy and nutritious choice.
- The Barbuto Kale Salad – impress your friends with this incredibly mouth-watering salad that will leave them wanting more!
- The Tavern Kale Salad – not a fan of the bitter kale? This salad will make you reconsider!