If you’re a fan of cheese and all things creamy, then you have to try this Honey Almond Cream Cheese Recipe. It’s super easy and fun to make, and can be customized into so many different flavors. If you’re one of those who always want flavor in your life (literally!), you can always try pineapple flavored cream cheese, almond flavored and so many more.
So let’s get started!
Honey Almonds Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened (about 8 oz)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup sliced and toasted almonds
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a small frypan over medium heat, toast the almonds until they are slightly brown
- Immediately remove from heat
- Add all the ingredients on the list in to a food processor
- Grind and pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until they form a fluffy texture
- There should be no bits remaining in the mixture
- Make sure it’s properly grinded and mixed
- Refrigerate the mixture in a freezer, for at least an hour, in order to meld the ingredients and ensure that the cream cheese has been set
- Take it out from the fridge, spread it on a bagel, or any bread or biscuit of your choice, and enjoy!
Tips for the recipe
- Toasting the almonds is key as it will enrich the almond flavor in your cream cheese, treating your tastebuds
And we’re done, simple wasn’t it!
On days when you’re looking for something lusciously creamy but craving for a sweet taste too, try this nutty flavored Honey Almond Cream Cheese recipe. It’s a delicious low-carb treat and complements perfectly with a plain bagel. It also gives flavor to a basic chicken soup, and can even be used to decorate some vanilla flavored cupcakes!
Health Benefits of Almond Cream Cheese
The recipe contains two powerful and flavorful ingredients – Honey and Almonds – that have proven multiple benefits.
Almonds are high in fat but don’t result in an increase in “bad” cholesterol. For the same reason, they benefit heart health to reduce blood pressure and improve the flow of blood.
Apart from that, it also has high levels of Vitamin E which contains antioxidants, greatly reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s. Since almonds also contain calcium, copper, magnesium, Vitamin K, and protein, they also contribute to better health and strength of the bone.
Honey, on the other hand, helps treat upper tract respiratory infections as compared to expensive antibiotics. It also prevents the hardening of the arteries because it contains a high amount of antioxidants.
Honey is a healthier alternative to sugar. So even if you want something sweet to satisfy your tastebuds, you won’t be risking your health!
What to pair it up with?
The super simple, quick cream cheese recipe can be used as a dip or can be used as an ingredient for many other recipes.
- If you’re looking for an appetizer with crackers, try the Honey Almond Cream Cheese Appetizer Spread
- To satisfy your sweet cravings in breakfast, ditch the doughnut and French toast to try the Honey Almond Quinoa
- Take it as a snack during the day if you crave something healthy and sweet. Try incorporating our Honey Almond Cream Cheese into Honey Almond Gouda Cheesecake or the Honey Almond Butter Cheesecake
- Send it over as a cute, yummy school snack for your children. They’ll love to eat it while spreading the almond cream cheese in a Honey Almond Blueberry Bagel Bruschetta. Let alone the kids, even the teachers would want to have a taste of the yummy Italian snack. It tastes best when fresh, so you can serve it to unannounced guests (takes just fifteen minutes!) or to your kids’ friends coming over after school.
Some other delicious recipes from our pantry…
If you love munching almonds as much as I do, try making a snack or a meal out of it. Here are a few recipes that include almonds:
- Want to try European sweets? Taste the German delicacy, Almond Horn, that takes only a few minutes to prepare.
- Don’t want to drink plain milk? Try combining the almonds, bananas, and coconut cream to make the Almond Milkshake.
- To drink something fulfilling and yummy when you’re sick, take out 10 minutes to make the Almond Milk Soup. It’s full of vitamins, minerals, fat, and protein.
- On hot summer days, make Almond Jelly with Lychee. You can combine it with your favorite fruits like mangoes, melons, or even bananas.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.