Craving for a sweet and salty snack? If you’re conscious of calories, this honey butter almond recipe is the ultimate comfort food bound to hit all the right spots. The roasted almonds are coated with chewy honey butter and tossed in sugar for a sweet treat. It’s a simple recipe that comes together in a quick snap. Not only does it taste delicious but it’s also very addictive (beware!).
Honey Butter Almond Recipe
For the almonds
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1.5 cups roasted almonds
- 3 tbsp powdered white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon, (Optional)
For the coating
- 1 tbsp powdered white sugar
- In a medium skillet pan, add the butter
- When the butter is completely melted, mix in the honey and powdered sugar
- Heat the butter mixture to boiling while stirring occasionally
- Cook the mixture in a medium skillet over low to medium heat
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon if you want
- Add in the roasted almonds and cook on low heat, mixing with a spatula till all the almonds are properly covered in the mixture, about 2 minutes
- After the almonds are properly cooked in the butter mixture, remove and transfer them on a wax paper or baking sheet lined on a plastic tray to cool
- Spread in a single layer
- Leave for 30 minutes till the almonds have cooled down
- At this point, they will be sticking together
- Transfer the almonds to a plastic ziplock bag and use a wooden spatula to crack them loose from each other
- Lastly, put some powdered sugar into the bag and shake it to evenly coat the almonds with sugar
- Serve with your choice warm beverage and enjoy!
Tips for the recipe
- To roast the almonds, spread in an non-greased baking pan and place in an oven at 350° F. Bake for 10 minutes or until the almonds turn golden brown and fragrant. They will continue to roast later in the pan.
- The honey butter almonds can easily be stored in an airtight container or zip lock bag for up to 3 months
- If you bake the almonds in advance, you will get a more crispy outer texture
- Use good quality butter and honey to enhance the taste and texture of the honey butter almonds
Voila, you’ve whipped up a scrumptious and fulfilling snack in just under 20 minutes! We know it’s hard to resist so put on your favorite show and dive right into this sweet and salty perfection!
High quality almonds covered in softened butter creamed with a glaze of luscious honey – an explosion of taste in just under 200 calories! It can’t get better than this. A not-too-sweet and guilt-free treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you wanting for more!
Whether you’re craving a tasty snack to munch on alongside your midnight Netflix and chill session or you simply want to grab a quick treat on the go, these crunchy almonds drenched in butter will make for an excellent gluten-free snack for all occasions.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Not only are these honey butter almonds full of sweet and buttery flavors, but they’re also dense in nutrition and a great source of protein, especially for those who follow a plant-based and vegan diet.
Almonds are the world’s most popular tree nut for good reason. They are loaded with antioxidants and an array of essential minerals and vitamins which help regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels. They also improve bone strength and protect you from various heart diseases. Additionally, almonds are low in carbs but high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats, meaning you will feel fuller in a lesser amount of calories!
An easy way to meet all your daily essential nutrition goals while having a toothsome snack on the go!
More Almond Recipes…
Are you hungry for more delectable recipes from our blog? Almonds blend finely right into anything – here are a few almond recipes to amp up just about any party:
- Try the sweet and crunchy Almond Meringue Cookies or the tangy Lemon Almond Biscotti recipe.
- If you’re craving something even sweeter, a light creamy dessert-like the Almond Flan will make your day.
- Make this Almond milk or a creamy Almond Milk Shake for a lactose-free and vegan-friendly option.
- A fluffy Almond crusted French Toast will make for a lovely and fulfilling brunch with friends.
- Get a little fancy with these German Almond Horns.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try this healthy Almond Chicken Butter.
- Make a super-creative and unique Almond milk soup that you won’t find anywhere else!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.