Hands down, salmon is one of the best sea food item in the world. There are a myriad of recipes you can try out with salmon fillets. It’s super versatile and packed with healthy fats. Having said that, let’s try out another salmon recipe from grandma’s cookbook: Horseradish Crusted Salmon recipe.
After all, grandma’s delicacies are always every family’s delight.The thought of horseradish might seem a little bland to you, but surprisingly, it tastes strong and spicy. Also, horseradish is nutritious! It’s packed with antioxidants and also boosts immunity.
So without any further delays, let’s begin!
Horseradish Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 6 oz salmon fillets, 4 pieces
- 2 cups fresh horseradish
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 cups mixed green veggies, your choice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup squeezed lemon juice, fresh
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and set aside
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine the horseradish, green veggies, garlic powder, vinegar , salt and pepper
- Toss everything together until the veggies soak up the olive oil
- Next, season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper and place on the baking sheet
- Make sure to keep the skin side downwards for extra flavor and crunchiness
- Now, take a wooden spoon and spread the horseradish and veggie mixture on the salmon fillets
- You can add two or three tablespoons for each fillet. Make sure to press it down with the fork so it settles nicely
- Place it in the oven and bake for about 7-10 minutes
- Once the fillets turn light golden brown, take them out to cool down
- Garnish with Dijon mustard and fresh lemon juice
- It’s ready to serve!
Tips for this recipe
- Always get fresh horseradish as when it's mixed with oil and herbs it tends to perish faster as compared to other vegetables
- Fresh horseradish can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days
- Most commercially available horseradish comes with a ‘best before” date, so make sure to check that out
Tasty and delicious Horseradish crusted salmon recipe is ready to serve!
More salmon recipes
Even though crusted salmon is a main dish itself, how about making it the perfect family meal along with Brown Rice Noodles and Peanut Sauce. Whether you prepare this meal for a Christmas dinner or thanksgiving, it’s going to be a total crowd pleaser
If your aim is to have a simple salmon dinner, try out the Walmart Salmon Recipe. Just sprinkle oil, add in a dash of black pepper and leave it to bake. This recipe is pretty handy if you’re on a tight schedule. Feeling creative? If you’re an aspiring chef and love to explore recipes, you’ll love the Braided Salmon Recipe.
The beautifully braided salmon coupled with the perfect balance of seasoning makes it a relishing seafood meal. It’s a total masterpiece! Bored of the traditional spices and herbs? Shake it up with the mouth-watering Beer Salmon recipe. This recipe is one of a kind. You can top your salmon fillets with any beer of your choice. Perfect meal for a weekend night, right?
Let’s make something different…
Just like potato cutlets are everyone’s favorite, Caribbean Salmon Balls are another delight you should try. Mold the balls, air fry them and enjoy with a tangy sauce. Alternatively, you can try out the Weight Watchers Salmon Patties Recipe. It is easy to prepare and requires minimal ingredients. If you’re on a diet and just want to focus on completing your macro-nutrients, these salmon patties will be a good fit for your daily meal.
Have you impromptu guests coming over? No worries, just prepare Irish Salmon. It’s scrumptious and a quick dinner idea.
Onion and garlic powders are a staple seasoning in many recipes. But this Bradley Smoker Salmon Recipe will make you dwell into the onion, garlicky flavor even more.
Some sauces and dips that go well with salmon
- Add flair to your salmon with a garlicky Cauliflower Cream Sauce. The best part is that it’s vegan. However, this sauce is more on the savory side so you can add in a bit of chili sauce if you like it spicy.
- Another superb dip is the TGI Friday’s Spinach Dip recipe. It’s cheesy, spicy and the ideal dip to go with baked salmon.
- Any barbecue sauces available in the markets contain high sodium and are not vegan-friendly. Well, no worries! You can make gluten-free barbecue sauce at home. It’s gonna take a bit of time but it’s totally worth the effort.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.