It seems spinach goes with everything. Whether it’s a vegetarian dish or a meat lover’s feast, thanks to the creativity of chefs and the diversity in cooking, now we can mix and match different veggies to make up unique, flavorful dishes. One of them is the House of Prime Rib creamed spinach recipe.
It’s a velvety, white sauce smothered with spinach and bacon slices. You can serve it with chicken, baked potatoes or whatever suits your fancy. Let’s get cooking!
House of Prime Rib’s Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, fresh
- 1 cup full-fat milk
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp all-purpose white flour
- 1 lemon
- Firstly, cook the spinach in salted, boiling water for 30 seconds
- Next, transfer it into ice water so that the spinach cools down (Alternatively, you can buy frozen spinach)
- Blanch the spinach, squeeze, and chop
- In a large skillet, saute the sliced bacon for about 3 minutes
- Keep the flame on medium hot
- Add sliced onion and cook until it turns translucent
- After 3-4 minutes, add spinach, garlic, salt, nutmeg powder and pepper
- Next, melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add flour and keep stirring with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes
- Cook until the mixture turns into a light brown color
- Now, add the milk and whisk until the mixture starts boiling
- Reduce the flame and cook for another one minute until the mixture thickens
- Your cream sauce is ready!
- Finally, add the cream sauce and pulsed spinach to the skillet
- Blend the whole mixture to get that House of Prime Rib’s smooth, velvety texture
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and enjoy!
Tips for this recipe
- It’s best to heat the milk before adding it to the cream sauce. This reduces the chances of forming clumps
- Instead of white flour, you can opt for Irish wholemeal flour
- If you’ve just taken out your bacon from the freezer, just use meat scissors to cut the bacon slices. This will speed up the cooking time
- Ideally, get some extra spinach because it tends to reduce its volume after cooking
The House of Prime Rib creamed spinach recipe is ready! Serve it fresh with some prime grilled meat and get lost in flavor heaven!
The mere thought of spinach recalls Popeye’s obsession with having spinach as an energy booster. While it certainly offers numerous health benefits, having raw spinach might not really be our cup of tea, especially for millennials.
More Spinach Recipes…
Since spinach blends into a smooth paste very easily, you can prepare many spinach dips such as:
- The Chilis Spinach Dip
- Buffalo Wings Sour Cream Spinach Dip
- Even the Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Bread ring dip makes for a great appetizer
For meat lovers, preparing a meal that includes veggies with meat is a daunting task. Well, try out the Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage pasta. It’s a classic Fettuccine recipe, fulfilling your meat craving and giving your body all the nutrients from spinach.
Indeed, curries are all about Indian delicacies! If you’re up to have something along with wholemeal bread or roti, try out the Spinach Curry Andhra recipe. It’s a spicy main dish, perfect for a family dinner. However, if you’re inclined towards having something a bit dry and not too runny, go for the Afghan Spinach recipe.
Spinach Feta Chicken Longhorn is another quick meal that can be baked within an hour. It’s ideal if you’re looking for a fulfilling post-workout meal.
Pair Up Creamed Spinach With These Mouth-watering Dishes
Creamed spinach goes well with the Steak and Kale recipe. Indulge yourself in the succulent steaks and garlicky kale along with a hint of creamy spinach. Confused about lunch ideas? Just pack some Brown Rice Crackers with creamed spinach for a quick, healthy lunch. Bake your crackers over the weekend and have peace of mind throughout your working days.
But make sure to store the creamed spinach in the refrigerator only for 4-5 days. The taste and juices of the spinach change so it’s best to prepare a fresh batch every week. Instant Pot Mongolian Beef with creamed spinach is another amazing combo you must try. It’s a hearty, meaty meal with a unique burst of flavors.
Salmon dishes are incomplete without a delicious side dish! Try out Pan-seared Salmon and Herbed Brown Rice with creamy spinach. Dry pasta/spaghetti are such a turn off, right? Fret no more!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.