Deviled eggs are the traditional treat that is served on Easter, mostly with glazed ham. These traditional Easter snacks are easy to make, flexible, and always a crowd-pleaser. In this article, we will be discussing how long do deviled eggs last?
Before we move on to the topic of today, let’s take a quick look at what deviled eggs are.
What Are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are hard-boiled eggs that are peeled, split in half, and filled with a mixture made from the yolk and other ingredients. You can use mustard, mayonnaise, egg yolks, relish, salt, and pepper as a filling to make deviled eggs. In addition, you can make your eggs spicier by adding cayenne pepper or paprika to them.
They are originated from Italy (Rome), Spain (Andalusia), and The United States (North America).
Deviled eggs contain folate, which helps to create protein and DNA. In addition, it offers Vitamin B-6 that helps in Protein synthesis, Vitamin B-12 that helps in red blood cells formation, and conversion of food into energy.
How Long Do Deviled Eggs Last in the Fridge?
Eggs are a perishable item, therefore, they should be refrigerated as soon as they are cooked. As per FoodSafety, you should keep the cooked egg whites refrigerated while preparing the deviled egg filling. Note that you should consume them within two days from the time they are made.
How Long Do Deviled Eggs Last Without Being Refrigerated?
According to FoodSafety.gov, deviled eggs and hard-boiled eggs can be stored at room temperature for a maximum of two hours. And if they are exposed to extremely hot weather such as summers or if you are partying in the open and under sunlight; they should be consumed within an hour, not later than that.
What to Do While You Travel With Prepared Eggs?
If you are planning a trip and want to take along deviled eggs; it is recommended to use a cooler filled with ice to keep them cool on the route.
Thawing deviled eggs are as simple as putting them in the fridge overnight. Do not thaw the mixture at room temperature, as bacteria might proliferate putting everyone at risk. Allow them to cool down at room temperature to keep them tasty and most importantly safe to eat.
Why Do Hard Cooked Eggs Rot More Quickly?
When eggs are hard-boiled, the protective coating is removed, exposing the holes in the shell through which bacteria can enter the egg and infect it. To keep them stored for long, refrigerate hard-boiled eggs within 2 hours of cooking and use them within a week’s time.
In contrast, due to their filling ingredients, you can only keep Deviled eggs in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2 days.
Quick and Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 1 dozen Eggs. large in size (preferred)
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise.
- 1 tsp White vinegar.
- ½ tsp Mustard. yellow
- Salt and black pepper. freshly ground
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover them with cold water just to cover them.
- Bring the water to a boil in the pot.
- Once the water has reached a boil, turn off the heat, cover, and set aside for 12 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of icy water for 3 minutes before peeling them.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- In a basin, mash the yolks with a fork. Toss in the mustard, Tabasco, salt, and pepper, as well as the chives, which have been cut.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the egg-yolk mixture into each egg white and sprinkle with paprika.
- Arrange on a dish in a spoke shape and top with entire chives.
- Find out; How Long Does Celery Last In The Fridge?
- Check out; How Long Does Asparagus Last?
- Find out; How Long Are Brownies Good For?
- Check out; How Long Does Salsa Last in Fridge?