There are a lot of mind-blowing recipes that you can make with chicken broth, but before you make these recipes on your list, you need to figure out how to make a chicken broth. I guess that’s what has been stopping you from making your desired chicken broth recipes?
If you have ever wondered how you can make your gluten-free homemade chicken broth, I have fantastic news for you: It’s quite simple! Of course, you need to have your ingredients ready but most importantly, you need to have some time to spare and you are on your way to a mouth-watering homemade broth, you can use in your beloved recipes.
Got some time? Then, let’s make this recipe!
Instant Pot Chicken Broth
- 1 whole (5 pounds) organic chicken without giblets.
- A fistful parsley
- 1 small onions
- 4 cloves garlic (small)
- 1 large celery rib
- 2 tbsp whole pepper corns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 carrots (Large chunks)
- Add the chicken to your Instant Pot. Add veggies.
- Add the bay leaf and pepper corn.
- Fill with cold water to the maximum fill line on the pressure cooker insert
- Lift the chicken out of the broth. Set it aside. Shred the meat if you would like to usefor other recipes. Strain the broth of all vegetables.
- Use broth to cook desired recipes or allow to cool off before storing in the freezer
- To get a richer and thicker stock, add the bones back to the instant pot and cook for 30minutes
For this recipe, I used a whole chicken carcass; connective tissues, bones, and meat. If you aren’t using a whole chicken, then make use of the chicken wings, neck, and feet. They have a lot of connective tissues that break down as they cook. This adds a lot of collagen to the broth.
Also, I used celery, onions, carrot, feel free to experiment with different veggies but avoid these ones; broccoli, cabbage; they take your broth from hero to zero
What is the difference between chicken stock and chicken broth?
Chicken broth involves cooking the chicken meat and the bones and it is cooked quickly. Chicken stock is cooked over a longer period of time and only the bones are cooked. This adds more gelatin to the liquid.
Can I use the chicken meat from the broth to make other recipes?
That depends on how long you cook the chicken broth. If it stays for about 45 minutes, then you can use it to make other recipes like chicken salads.
Note that, once the chicken and vegetables stay too long in the pressure cooker then they will lose their taste and become too soft. The best thing to do is remove the meat after about 40 minutes and return the bones.
How do I store my chicken broth?
Your chicken broth must be stored in the fridge. Your best bet is to store it in the freezer. However, do not fill the container to the top, because the frozen broth will expand and may crack your glass container.
What soups can I make with my chicken broth?
I love this question! There is a variety of rich, nutritious, and flavorful recipes you can make with chicken broth. Try the following:
- Chicken Avocado soup
- Carrot and coriander soup
- Instant pot chicken noodle soup
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk.