Mac n cheese, this name brings in so many happy memories. Memories from childhood, of siblings, enjoying a good summer’s evening; we’ve grown so fast, right?
One thing remains the same, Mac N Cheese. Stepping into independent life, what would you do with the leftover Mac N Cheese? Throw it away? No, please! Do you know how to reheat Mac N Cheese? If not, let’s learn how to make it as good and piping hot as it was made freshly.
As known in the UK, Mac N Cheese or Macaroni and Cheese is a basic food that requires fewer ingredients. It is a quick-to-make dish that both kids, as well as elders, love. The delightful mac n cheese can be made in the oven and on the stovetop in a saucepan. It should be saucy and not too dry, and dry Mac n Cheese may not taste that good unless you prefer it that way.
Macaroni and Cheese were first recorded in an Italian cookbook in the 14th century. That is the first evidence of the recipe.
Recipe: How to Make Mac N Cheese?
It is a simple and less ingredient recipe. But, there is always a place for tweaking. You can add a few of your favorite ingredients as well. Traditionally, it is baked in a casserole.
It can be a package mix, or you can make it from scratch. The process involves cooking. Here’s a step to step guide for how to go about it:
- Homemade Mac N Cheese: don’t get confused here. We are here to make it easy for you.
- Boil the pasta al Dante.
- Strain the water
- Make the cheese sauce by combining butter and flour. In the pan, heat butter, add flour to it. Let it cook for a couple of minutes. Add milk and shredded cheese.
- Stir the sauce till it is thick.
- Put in the boiled pasta and combine well.
- Transfer half of it to a casserole, add cheese on top and cover with the remaining pasta if you are baking. Add some more cheese on top; add seasonings of your choice like salt, pepper, bacon, crackers, etc. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 mins.
- On the stovetop, the process is the same as above. Just skip step 6. Mix all the cheese and seasoning in the pot and combine well. Now dish it out and enjoy!
- Package mix: this is easy. Just read the instructions and do what the directions say.
How to Reheat Mac N Cheese?
Leftover Mac N cheese may not sound so interesting. But the way you reheat it can make all the difference. There are ways to reheat Mac n Cheese to make it tastier and drool-worthy.
- On the Stove: Take a saucepan; turn the flame to medium-low flame on the Stove. Put in the leftover Mac n Cheese. Add a bit of milk, about 4 tablespoons. This will loosen the sauce and enhance the taste. To avoid burning, heat it on low flame only. You can add more cheese and seasoning to make the taste better.
- In the Oven: Preheat the oven at 350 Fahrenheit. Put some milk on the Mac n Cheese. Mix the milk with pasta gently. You can also add more cheese on top. Cover the dish with foil. Place the casserole dish in the oven. Let it heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- In the Microwave: This is the most convenient way. Take the leftovers, mix in a bit of milk and place it in the microwave. Cover the bowl. On medium power, let it heat for a couple of minutes. You can check-in between and stir for even heating.
Make sure to add milk, no matter which way you decide to reheat the Mac n Cheese. If you don’t add milk, it will probably run dry, and you will not like it. Milk will let the sauce be gooey and make the heating process even better.
Mouth-Watering Recipe Recommendations
In case the comfort food didn’t curb your appetite, we suggest some great dishes to try.