Serving any kind of seafood without sauces is a sin, no joke! It doesn’t take much time to prepare but adds flavor to your dish. Ten minutes’ worth of effort and unlimited praises. The IKEA Salmon recipe is sweet and savory, generally served with gravadlax and cured in salt and sugar.
With ingredients available at home and ten minutes to spare, try giving your dish a spectacular taste!
IKEA Salmon Recipe
- 4 fillets salmon
- 2 tbsp brown caster sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 20 grams fresh dill, with stalks, removed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- In a bowl or a food processor, combine all ingredients except for the sunflower oil and chopped dill
- If you’re using a bowl, gradually pour in the oil while whisking vigorously
- If you’re using a food processor, pause after a few seconds to add oil gradually
- After around 30 seconds, the sauce attains a glossy appearance and a cream-like or a mayonnaise-like consistency
- Stir in the finely chopped fresh dill
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips for this recipe
- Wholegrain mustard adds to the overall aesthetic of the sauce and improves the texture
- Substitute the wholegrain mustard another tablespoon of Dijon Mustard, if unavailable
- The sauce cannot be stored in a freezer but stays fresh in an airtight container for up to three days
And we’re done. For someone who doesn’t have a liking for salmon, it can be paired with most seafood including fish, shrimps, crabs, and so on. You can also try it with sausages, as a sandwich spread, grilled ham, drizzled on a salad, or be even more innovative.
Benefits Of Dill And Mustard
To some, dill may seem like eating grassy vegetables, but it’s used to enhance flavor in many dishes. It’s also used for garnishing since hundreds of years. Apart from the strong and tangy taste, it also has nutritional benefits to offer.
The vitamin B complex in dill helps an insomniac sleep well. It also aids in the development of bone growth and the repair of injured ones due to high calcium content. Apart from these, it also helps with diarrhea, boost immunity, managing diabetes, and stimulate menstruation in women.
Dijon mustard, which originates from the city of Dijon in France, is made from the stronger brown seeds. It contains various minerals and vitamins including calcium, potassium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin B, and proteins.
It also improves cardiovascular health, provides relief from various respiratory disorders such as sinuses, gives repulsion from poison, and lowers cholesterol levels. Aside from its nutritional benefits, it’s widely used to give a strong flavor to culinary dishes with its pungent taste.
What To Pair Up The IKEA Salmon Sauce With?
If you want to serve it complementary to your main course. Try pairing up the IKEA Salmon sauce with the following dishes:
- To complement the savory taste and also leave a hint of sweetness, go for Wild Kind Salmon Recipe with Savory Whipped Cream
- For a low-carb, quick dinner prepare Atkin Salmon, and have a meal ready in around 35 minutes!
- If you’re from the subcontinent or just love rice, try the Ikea Salmon Sauce with Pan-seared Salmon and herbed Brown Rice
- Planning to host a fancy dinner? Innovate the sauce with Braided Salmon to leave the guests amazed by a creative, yummy and eye-pleasing dish!
- On weekdays, after work, make the Walmart Salmon or grill Beer Salmon, It’ll take less than 20 minutes and use the IKEA Salmon Recipe to enhance the flavor.
- If you have kids or picky-eaters in the house, try the Battered Salmon along with the sweet and savory IKEA Salmon Sauce.
While salmon is a popular dish, some people believe that salmon contains PCBs, which play the role of carcinogen in humans. Everyone has a choice to choose what goes in their body. If you don’t want to have salmons you can utilize the IKEA Salmon Sauce in multiple other ways:
- Mix it with Creamy Curry Penne Pasta
- If you’re a noodles person who loves innovating, try it with Brown Rice Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- The sauce can be also paired with chicken sausage in Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage
- To make a yummy sandwich on the go, spread the IKEA Salmon Sauce with the Longhorn Spinach Dip for breakfast or a late night snack
Try More With Mustard
Loving the mustard taste? Would you now start adding the mustard or the honey mustard sauce in your subway sandwiches? Have a look at more mustard recipes you can try such as the Wholegrain Mustard Dressing which takes barely 5 minutes. If you’re looking for a wide range of sauces including mustard, try the Gluten-free Barbecue Sauce.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.