Salmon is one of the best dishes to cook. It’s versatile and flavorful to make. You can cook it in a variety of ways, with a guarantee to whip up a yummy dish every time. Today I am trying out the Ina Garten Asian grilled salmon recipe.
The salmon is not exactly the same as you would get at the Barefoot Contessa but it comes pretty close to the real deal. So here’s how you can treat yourself to restaurant-style salmon at home.
Ina Garten Asian Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillet, skin-on
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp very finely minced fresh garlic
- Heat grill to medium-high and clean grill grates
- Cut salmon fillet into four portions, leaving the skin on and lay out on a sheet tray
- In a small bowl whisk mustard, soy, oil and garlic
- Ten minutes before grilling, brush half of this mixture onto the tops and sides of the salmon
- Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil and place the four portions, skin side down, and grill for about five minutes
- At this point, you will notice the edges of the skin starting to curl and the bottom of the salmon starting to turn color
- Using a fish turner or large spatula, carefully flip each piece over
- At this point, I find it easy to peel the skin off with tongs and discard instead of waiting until after the salmon gets removed from the grill
- If you want cross hatch marks, after three minutes, turn each piece 90 degrees with your spatula, otherwise continue to cook
- Insert a probe thermometer into the thickest part until it reads 145F, about 5 or 6 minutes depending on how thick
- The tailpiece will cook before the rest so you should remove each piece as they reach 145F
- Serve with the reserved sauce brushed over each piece or served on the side
And there you have it, Ina Garten Asian grilled salmon recipe is ready!
Salmon Dishes To Try
Once you have had this salmon, I can assure you, you will be left wanting more! So I am going to be sharing some of my favorite salmon dishes for you to try out. Some of these are roasted, some grilled and the rest can be baked or pan-seared. Needless to say, none of these will be disappointing you!
- The AIP Salmon – while this may sound like it is for people who are on an AIP diet, it is not! This salmon meal is absolutely delicious and healthy and is a must try!
- Lemon Grilled salmon – this salmon dish is easy on the calories and is a juicy, flavorful dish. It is also the perfect fit for you if are on a diet and looking to watch your weight.
- Apple Salmon – sounds like a doctor’s worst nightmare but is your best friend. This yummy dish combines the crisp of the apple with the soft juicy salmon to tantalize your tastebuds while being packed with lots of nutrition.
- Add the salmon to pasta with the yummy Salmon pasta recipe straight from Bahama Breeze restaurants. The Dubai restaurant’s seafood pasta is out of this world and this one is no exception.
- This Furikake salmon is going to take you straight to Hawaii and the ocean. It is a popular local dish and now you can have it at home without taking a trip there!
- Craving sushi but can’t go to a restaurant. Don’t fret and try out these baked sushi salmon rolls at home!
We are not all about seafood or main courses. Plus who doesn’t love desserts with their main courses? We sure do. Here we recommend to you some of our easiest and yummiest desserts for you to try at home. If you’re craving cookies, try our almond biscotti, cinnamon cookies, or peanut butter cookies. If you want to splurge on the sweet, try out our chocolate peanut butter pie and gelato, and the dacquoise cake with berries.
Salmon Cooking Tips
- Always buy fresh salmon from the store
- Salmon that’s freshly bought always tastes better and doesn’t have the fishy smell after it’s cooked
- When purchasing, it is also better if you buy the freshly caught ones, rather than the frozen, packed fillets available
- If you are pan-searing salmon, it is better to do so skin-side down. It is easier to flip it without breaking the fillet and also makes it crispy and tender
Try these recipes out and treat your tastebuds to restaurant-style meals at home.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.