Ina Garten creamed spinach recipe is a crowd-pleasing recipe that comes with a simple method of preparation. Also, with this recipe, you can go through less stress and still have a room filled with happy guests.
Ina Garten Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 4 cups chopped yellow onions.
- 2 cups of milk.
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp of freshly grounded black pepper
- ½ cup of grated Gruyere cheese
- ¼ tbsp of grated nutmeg
- 3 pounds of frozen chopped spinach, already defrosted
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- Preheat oven to 4250F. Melt butter in a pan over medium to low heat.
- Add chopped onions and fry until you get a translucent result of the onion.
- Add flour and nutmeg and allow to cook. Keep stirring for 2 more minutes additional, after you might have previously cooked for 15 minutes. Then add cream and milk and cook until you get a thickened result.
- From the spinach, squeeze out as much liquid as possible and add spinach into an already prepared sauce. Add half a cup of Parmesan cheese and mix properly. Add salt and pepper until you get the desired taste.
- Transfer the spinach into a baking dish and sprinkle the ½ cup of Parmesan and Gruyère over it. Allow the recipe to bake for 20 minutes until you obtain a hot and bubbly result. Your recipe is ready and can be served hot.
Health Benefits of spinach
Creamed spinach recipe is an excellent source of iron. Thanks to the spinach! Consuming spinach is important for vegetarians because iron is often rare in most of their meals. Thus, a meal like this serves as a great substitute for iron deficiency in the body.
This recipe contains vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin B2. All of which are important for the maintenance of bone health.
Spinach contains an antioxidant called Lutein. This antioxidant helps in slowing down eye-related diseases like muscular degeneration.
It also contains phytonutrients and antioxidants that help in fighting cancer.
With ingredients added in appropriate proportions, this recipe should produce a rich, cheesy and creamy result.
Yes, you can make this recipe without adding flour, and of course, still get a thick result. The cheese cream and heavy cream will make the recipe thick.
To do this, simply combine cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and seasoning and stir properly. Leave to cool and thicken for a few minutes. Then sprinkle with Parmesan and then you can proceed to serve and enjoy.
Is It Possible To Make My Creamed Spinach In Advance?
Yes. All that is required is to prepare the recipe following the normal procedure presented above. After this, allow to cool completely and then refrigerate.
Moreover, when you are finally ready to serve, all you need to do is to bring out the recipe and heat it in a pan over low medium heat while stirring occasionally.
It is advised to keep the recipe for not more than two days before consuming. However, if you would like to keep this recipe for a longer time, place it in an airtight container before refrigerating and it will last for up to 5 days.
What to combine with Ina Garten creamed spinach
Creamed spinach with roasted turkey: This mouth-watery combination is just perfect for any occasion. Start by brimming the turkey, after this season and roast. Finally, serve with Ina Garten creamed spinach.
Filet Mignon and creamed spinach: This recipe is easy to make as it takes only about 15 minutes. It is also a perfect dish to serve with creamed spinach.
- In place of spinach, you can use kale to obtain a different type of texture and flavor
- Try toppings like pine nuts, fried onions, tomatoes, and sautéed mushrooms.
Get creative with these delicious spinach recipes
- This Chili’s spinach dip is my favorite. Also, it takes just 10 minutes to get it ready!
- The presence of spinach in this Chinese spinach noodles recipe gives the dish a brilliant color and a great nutrient boost.
- A family get-together can never go wrong with a perfect blend of fresh spinach, cheese, and milk. This chili white spinach queso recipe is nutritious and pocket-friendly.
- This Cheddars spinach dip recipe is one-of-a-kind and is perfected after several trials.
- How about a Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe? Yummy!
- You will love this Lawry’s creamed spinach recipe.
- Try this Cheddar Santa Fe’s spinach dip recipe
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.