By now you must be wondering, does she eat anything other than salmon? Well, Salmon is one of my favorite fish to cook. After all, it can be prepared in so many ways and always comes out as a flavorful and juicy dish. It’s also super quick to prepare, making it convenient for the weekdays. Today I am going to be sharing Ina Garten salmon cakes recipe with you. I hope you are as excited as I am.
Ina Garten Salmon Cakes Recipe
- 1/2 lbs fresh salmon
- Olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce (recommended – Tabasco)
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 tsp crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 3 slices stale bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the salmon on a sheet pan, skin side down
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until just cooked
- Remove from the oven and cover tightly with aluminum foil
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes and refrigerate until cold
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons of the butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the onion, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, crab boil seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large saute pan over medium-low heat
- Cook until the vegetables are soft, approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Cool to room temperature
- Break the bread slices into pieces and process the bread in a food processor fitted with a steel blade
- You should have about 1 cup of bread crumbs
- Place the bread crumbs on a sheet pan and toast in the oven for 5 minutes until lightly browned, tossing occasionally
- Flake the chilled salmon into a large bowl
- Add the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, and eggs
- Add the vegetable mixture and mix well
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Shape into 10 (2 1/2 to 3-ounce) cakes
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat
- In batches, add the salmon cakes and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned
- Drain on paper towels; keep them warm in a preheated 250 degree F oven
- Serve hot and fresh!
And we’re done. Yes, it does take some time and effort but honestly, it’s totally worth it! So, give the Ina Garten salmon cakes recipe a try and let us know how it turned out.
Delicious Sides To Pair With Salmon Cakes
- Add coleslaw to the side with the salmon to continue with your healthy streak.
- Give a spin to the salmon cakes with some yummy walnut slaw. The nutty flavor will add substantially to the flavor of the salmon.
- Powerpack your meal with protein by adding almond hummus to the menu. You can also pair it with gluten-free pita bread to have a complete meal. The cherry on top is that it is suitable for people looking for healthy and delicious food options.
- Add vibrant salads with beans, kale, or cabbage. You can even pair it with our rendition of Barefoot Contessa’s salmon salad.
- If you want a load of carbs to add to the salmon, opt for kale bread or wholemeal bread.
- The salmon cakes also go phenomenally well with pasta dishes. Try our brown rice pasta, vegan pasta, or creamy penne pasta.
Are Salmon Patties Good For Weight-watchers?
Yes definitely. These salmon cakes are the perfect meal for weight-watchers. These can be eaten on their own or paired with salads to become a complete meal.
They are protein-rich which means that they are suitable for low-carbs diets. The protein helps repair muscles and keep you full for longer warding off cravings for carbohydrates.
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These are good fats that provide you with the energy to carry out daily activities and not get fatigued. They are also good for skin and hair, which is why they are often termed superfoods.
Salmon also has lower calories and less carbohydrate content. This makes it the perfect ingredient to add to your diet meal plans. They’ll fill you with energy, and provide the nutrients to help you maintain health while shedding a few pounds. The various ways it can be made also prevent your diet plans from being monotonous.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.