I have been an ardent fan of Ina Garten’s recipes and am always trying to recreate her amazing food at home. As someone who loves her protein, I try to experiment with different recipes that are protein-rich. Here is one such Ina Garten spinach quiche recipe that I love.
This is a spinach and smoked Gouda quiche. It’s rich in eggs and cheese, giving it a thick and creamy flavor. Let’s begin!
Spinach and Smoked Gouda Quiche Recipe
For the crust
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp 1% milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1.25 cups cup flour
For the filling
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Dash of grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
For the crust
- To prepare the crust, place the batter in a large bowl
- Beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy
- Combine 2 tablespoons milk, ¼ teaspoon salt, and egg yolk in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk
- Add milk mixture to butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife
- Add flour to the milk mixture and beat just until it combines
- Press mixture into a 4-inch circle on a plastic wrap cover. Chill for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Unwrap and place chilled dough on a lightly floured surface
- Roll dough into a 10-inch circle
- Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate
- Freeze for 15 minutes
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned
- Let it cool
For the filling
- To prepare the filling, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add oil to the pan, and swirl to coat
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes or until tender
- Add spinach and saute for 2 minutes
- Combine 1 cup milk and the next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk
- Stir in spinach mixture
- Pour filling into crust
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes
- Take it out and serve it warm!
The spinach adds texture, color, and also a unique flavor that makes this quiche stand out in taste. The best bit about the Ina Garten spinach quiche recipe is that you can eat cold or warm and can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Pair the Quiche with the Following Dishes
- Add another main course with the brown rice noodles with peanut sauce. The contrasting flavors will give your palate a wholesome dining experience.
- Go with my favorite tofu mushroom burgers to spice up your meal with a meat option.
- Go meatless with this crispy kale and cabbage salad to balance the rich creamy taste of the quiche.
- Add a white meat option to the menu with the basil salmon recipe.
- Add some crunch with the Boston lettuce salad.
Here Are Some Spinach Recipes You Can Try
- Add some kebabs with Afghan Spinach
- Try a creamy side – the Asiago creamy spinach
- Take a pin on the lasagna with the Barilla spinach lasagna
- Have the Berghoff creamed spinach at home with this recipe
- Treat your tastebuds with this broccoli spinach soup
Why is Spinach Important In Your Diet?
Vegetables are an important part of a balanced diet, serving as a source of vitamins and minerals. Spinach is an iron-rich vegetable that offers several health benefits to the body. The iron in spinach is required for healthy blood and an energetic body. The vitamin K in spinach increases the calcium absorption capability of the body, strengthening the bones. Spinach is packed in nutrients and is a popular ingredient in non – meat and no-dairy diets.
Tips to Cook Quiche Perfectly
- Always blind – bake the crust. Baking the crust with the filling is likely to make it soggy and you’ll lose out on the crusty texture of the quiche.
- It’s imperative that you use the right amount of eggs for the filling. The ratio of milk to eggs needs to be perfect in order to acquire the perfect taste and appearance.
- Don’t let the filling be too watery. Make sure you have the right eggs and milk ratio. For any vegetables, you might add, make sure that they are dry and drained of all water.
- Bake the quiche on the bottom rack if you want the perfect golden brown hue to the crust.
Following the above recipe and tips, I am sure your quiche will turn out perfectly baked and look and smell mouth-watering. Don’t wait too long to try it out!