I woke up today, feeling energized. I realized it was a new month when I saw “July 1st, 2021” on my phone’s screen. I decided to start the new month in a remarkable way by making one of my favorite recipes in the whole wide world: Instant pot chilli mac!
(By the time this post goes up, it will likely no longer be July 1st. Haha!)
I made this recipe with turkey (ground) and veggies like bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, and kidney beans. I wanted it to be gluten-free, so I used gluten-free Barilla elbows. The result? A hundred percent!
This meal is delectable. I promise it will make its way to your top 3 favorite foods!
Let’s make this instant pot chili mac recipe!
Instant Pot Chili Mac
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground lean turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup of kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 ½ cups of uncooked gluten-free elbows
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 (14oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can of mildly diced tomatoes
- 1 ⅓ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. When it is hot, add in the olive oil. Sauté the ground turkey until nearly cooked through.
- Add in onions, bell peppers, and saute for a couple minutes until the veggies soften. Then add garlic and zucchini, cook for an additional minute.
- Mix seasonings and salt into tomato sauce, then set aside.
- Set Instant Pot for 3 minutes (if you are using a corn based pasta, do 2 minutes) After cooktime, do a quick release.
- When it’s safe to open the lid, give your Chili Mac a good stir, then add cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with Cilantro. Serve hot and give yourself a pat on the back!
I used Cheddar cheese for this recipe. You can try other gluten-free cheese like Parmesan, Mozzarella, and Provolone. I have used all these and they were great! Feel free to substitute. However, I have never used goat cheese in my Chili mac.
Have you ever used goat cheese? Please let me know what you think about it. I will love to try it soon.
I hope you make this instant pot chilli mac soon. I am rooting for you.